Support is broken (or Cyrup loves me šŸ˜‰ )

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
@Cyrup
Did you configure your zendesk to keep my attention or is it just broken? :sweat_smile:
After we resolved the thing with me not being able to validate my email, I got the automated email that the issue is marked as solved and that I donā€™t need to do anything anymore if all is good now. Which is great! Exceptā€¦ that the email keeps coming again and again and again!:rofl:

What are the steps to make it happen again?
I donā€™t know. Send Cyrup some bunny pictures? Report a bug? I have no clue whatā€™s going on. This is not happening with the other support ticket I had going on and which got resolved at the same time - itā€™s just this one ticket. The others sent this email to me only once. But this one just keeps coming.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Hereā€™s my email window. I blacked out every other email, obviously.

Thanks Iā€™ll take a look at your ticket

1 Like

Do any of these emails ask you to rate the ticket? There are two types of ā€œsolvedā€ notifications, one goes out 24 hours after your ticket is solved saying: ā€œWeā€™d love to hear what you think of our customer service.ā€ It doesnā€™t look like you got it, but did you receive that?

The issue is that I have Zendesk configured to let you know when your ticket has been marked as ā€œsolvedā€, and sometimes I need to add some more comments to your case (which you canā€™t see) but to get them to update to your ticket I need to update your ticket as ā€œSolvedā€ again. So Iā€™ve changed this now to only send a notification once! Iā€™ve been meaning to do that for awhile, thanks for the reminder.

As a test, I just submitted your ticket as Solved less than 5 minutes ago. I canā€™t see any email being sent, but did you get one saying ā€œYour ticket has been solvedā€?

2 Likes

I got a ā€œrate ticket [number]ā€-email together with the last ā€œsolvedā€ email - itā€™s not on the screenshot because it was above it and I couldnā€™t get it on the screen together with the first ā€œsolvedā€ email.
In case you need to see the timestamp:

That said, no further ā€œsolvedā€ email has arrived so far, so it seems fixed now! :smiley: Iā€™ll let you know if another arrives, but for now, all is quiet.
Of course, if you need more information from me for any of my issues, feel free to send me more emails. :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure what those invisible notes could be, but if I can help somehow, just lemme know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ā€œInvisible notesā€ - Zendesk lets you either publicly comment on a ticket - how you respond to a player - or leave an " internal note", which is what we leave writing notes on the issue to help us troubleshoot a problem, or what a coder might some notes on the investigations theyā€™ve done. It keeps it all in the one place so we can reference the ticket and the cause of the issue later if we need to and means we donā€™t need to write them elsewhere!

Sorry you asked me about ZD, just going to nerd out over here :nerd_face:

2 Likes

ā€¦And here I thought you were posting secret bunny pictures in there. Pff. I hope you at least add some in addition to the notes. Iā€™m sure anyone else who looks at the ticket would appreciate a cute bunny in addition to some work-related stuff.:rabbit:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great idea!

1 Like