Stormy Night

Completely skipped over the fun part, did’nt you? Name one thing fun about the medals being cross purposes with the troops you have available. Maybe you find grinding out match after match by poking at your opponents with toothpicks fun, but I’m pretty sure the vast majority of players do not.
Fun has’nt been a consideration for a while now.

5 Likes

Have you tried ice aegis yet? Steals attack and armor. I’ve been rolling with aegis/hyndla/jarl firemantle/jotnar. Constant barrier for protection and then its skull smashing time. I havent bought a ton of tiers cause it wasn’t needed so I’ve only used all sigils from a tier 3 purchase. Hasnt been hard to win yet but I def admit its slower than other world events for sure.

Some players in our network have used jarl in there to do triple skull damage to burning enemies with slayer(which also does enraged damage).

Level 270

Barely a scratch.

Does anyone not get triple Hyndla level 130 at battle 18?
Board “reset”-ting is a bit of a myth IMHO

1 Like

I have. Still have to pray for skulls. Thorodin is more predictable.

1 Like

Guess I’ll find out in a few days when I reach 400 lol. I’m guessing our guild will be done with the event before that time though.

To follow up on the low level accounts struggling complaint. The alt i have at level 368 is at over 500 points and hasn’t lost yet. Not saying this will be the case for everyone as hyndla makes all the difference, but it’s still possible to contribute, even on very restricted and non boosted events such as this one. Seriously, anyone at level 1k plus shouldn’t have an issue getting to the 800 point marker.

1 Like

I think that it would be better if instead of depending on restrictions and medals on world events, all troops are available; ONLY THAT the EVENT KINGDOM TROOPS have a skull and / or spell damage bonus, and if you use a kingdom equipment (including weapon and class) increase the scoring items.
At least that would be fair to everyone, new ones like veterans

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone is making this claim. Only that the battles are much longer and much more tedious than previous world events. Basically twiddle your thumbs until you get random skulls align.

10 Likes

Exactly. Never said it was too hard. Or undoable. Just that playing your battles was like having your gums scraped.

2 Likes

I may be the minority but I like this event. There are several good teams that work well together. This event is less faceroll than previous events that were absurdly easy in part because of the medals. This is more challenging. There is no RNG in these battles, just set up a good team.

The challenge and lack of RNG needed makes this great for me.

That said, yeah, I think the medals are broken. Definitely.

Will newer players struggle? Definitely. I don’t think new players need high scores though.

Disclaimer, I bought six tiers (usually get between four and six), and have just over 1,000 points and haven’t died yet. Oddly I am currently on the leaderboards which I never am unless I go for tier 7. That tells me people are struggling way more than I expected.

2 Likes

In my opinion, I don’t see slower play as a bug or an impassible barrier to completing this event. This is also not the first event to play out like this, and there were no fixes in those so I highly doubt one will come for this one, but we will see. I would obviously welcome it if it did, I’m not anti fast play by any means :joy:.

There have been a bunch of claims being made about difficulty, check this thread and others lol. It didn’t take me that long to complete battles though. Maybe relative to other battles sure, but I’ve been in longer pure faction battles with potions! Just finished Hyndla battle 370 and it took less than a minute and a half to win. Got some nice luck, but even without it’s not much longer.

Ice Aegis/Hyndla/Lofty/Jotnar with titan is what i’ve rolled with at the higher levels. Yes, it requires more careful play and will take more time than normal, but still don’t believe that’s a bug worth fixing.

Players constantly complain about gems being a grind, but when something is actually challenging and requires some extra theory crafting, it’s like the community can’t handle it. Yes, we would all love magic boost medals every world event with magic boosted troops(or skull medals with skull troops) so we could cheese the event in 5-10 min a day, but that isn’t always going to be the case.

TL;DR I accept that the event is slower, and more difficult for early to mid-game players. If a medal get ninja fixed I along with everyone else would love that. The bigger issue to me is still that medals don’t have more variety and things like this are still going to occur from time to time.

4 Likes

I ran my daily sigils today with Ice Aegis instead of Thorodin.

The actual time spent/fight was not much different (~15 seconds). This is mainly due to the fact the the team I previously posted is on offense (nearly) every round; whereas Ice Aegis team is more about patience and big hits.

YMMV, of course.

1 Like

With tier0 currently at 402 points, with 0 medals, only a badge :wink: Strongest enemy so far: Hyndla 150-180 (definately below 200). Haven’t lost single battle yet. Team i’m using:

Warlord with Ice Aegis (he need exp badly, as he’s below 70, if not that would probably use a class with lvl 70 Bloodthirst to get enrage from m4)
Jarl Firemantle
Mistralus
Hyndla
Blackhawk banner (+2 brown +1 blue -1 purple)

And that tells me, that people haven’t spend gems in event shop, as event requirements for score are pretty low, most will be able to get fair share with t1/t2.

For sure, and I def don’t claim it to be super fast (if i did, i didn’t mean to imply that). But it’s safe and reliable and in the end, the goal is to complete the event. If it takes longer than a Phoenicia explore battle than I’m ok with that.

As I said, I get the slowness issue. I share that complaint, but it’s not a deterrent to completion, which is my main point I guess.

To each their own and let’s hope these types of events are few and far between or crosses fingers never show up again. #fasterequalsfun

3 Likes

This is a good way to word it. 100% agree.

I often play this game as something mindless to do so the fast fights are nice. But, I LOVE the more challenging fights. So while I wouldn’t want every single fight in game like this, I am happy the event is.

Also, just so people don’t think I am criticizing their dislike for the event, I am not at all. Everyone likes different things. But, due to the event criticism I have seen in several places, I just wanted to voice what I like about the event. If the devs read this thread, it is useful for them to know what people like and do not like.

It is weird though. I think the skull medals are a mistake, but because that happened it made the event better because it’s more challenging. My feelings are confused.

I don’t often go for six tiers but go for it enough. I think this is the first time I have ever been on the leaderboard for less than seven tiers. Of course the week is still early though.

Your team is similar to mine! Currently I use Doomed Hammer/Jarl/Mistralus/Hyndla with Titan and bear banner (brown and red).

Earlier on I used Frostmage to level it up, then Warlord for the giant perks and level that up, but now Titan. My Titan is maxed so I delayed using it.

I have used several other team setups as well, but this has been my favourite.

Doomed Hammer for damage, explode, and stun (remove skull and spell damage reduction traits). Jarl for damage and mana. Mistralus for damage, free extra turn, and her enchant trait. These three loop ish. Hyndla for their extra magic to giant trait. She is only cast if someone dies or no one else has a skill up; she cannot loop so isn’t as useful to cast for damage. Titan for being a giant, barrier, explode, and giving magic to elementals (Mistralus).

1 Like

Still no fix for this event :exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Note that it is supposed to be a Frostfeather fight

Note that it says Hyndla Frostcrown level 26, but the reward is from a Frostfeather fight

Probably there wont be any, as whole DEV team is absent until 4th of Jan…

That doesn’t make it alright or is a valid excuse why they AGAIN launch an event with errors.

They implement more and more paying content, yet there are errors in almost every event and old errors still not fixed
I for one is not inspired to use more gems or time and the least real money, quite the opposite actually.

1 Like

The World event beginning at 18th of January

Skull damage medals, Adana Kingdom. However we do not know yet, if troops are restricted to Adana only.

There were no errors in this event in my opinion. Slowness is not an error. And if you are in a guild that allows you to spend less gems on events I say take advantage of that! I still believe the goal of world event is not “must be fun”, but rather reaching finals rewards. Not every event is going to please the crowd that prefer to cheese events.(not sure any event has lol). If the event was impossible, ok id give you that, but my level 370 alt has over 900 points. 100 more than is required per player in a guild.

But let’s talk adana since you are already implying that will be another “slow” event, or at least has the potential to be? It may be, but let’s look at the troops and weapons at max restriction.

This is assuming max limitations of adana troops by mech type and only adana weapons. It could also be restricted by troop type but for the sake of this argument i’ll exclude that. i guess If you add all adana troops that’s adding in tesla and this event is cheesy with tesla. This event with TINA is a cheese with skull medals. We also have some scalers and if you restrict weapons by adana colors (red or yellow) you get access to powerful scalers like mang/earth’s fury. So the options, even at the very worst level, are very doable. P4 alone is simply OP for this event, assuming it’s in the options.

I get the complaints, these events aren’t fast or fun for many players. But when have they ever been fun for most players here, and they for sure haven’t always been fast. If you are looking to mow through modes at lightning speed, the game gives you that option. It just isn’t obligated to give it to you in every mode. I know many players, including myself, who didn’t mind this event and I know a bunch who actually enjoyed it for the challenge. You can tell me the devs did this on purpose to get you to spend gems or slow your play but I disagree. If that was the case, of course I’d hope they take a look at ways of balancing such as medals doing more than magic or skull damage.

TL;DR: I’m confident many will disagree with me, but my belief is Slowness = not a bug/error, Difficulty/completion issue = bug/error.

2 Likes

My reply was to someone feeling confident that the devs made a mistake. Then I saw a similar event - but as I DO mention, we do not know the restrictions yet.

And YES there is a mistake in this event(also)

Note that it say, that it is a Frostfeather fight, but there is no Frostfeather… Instead the fight had Hyndla Frostcrown, but the reward was for a Frostfeather fight!

I have never said the medals in this event was an error. In my opinion, they did it on purpose. It follows the line the devs are implementering - more content you need to pay for if you want to keep up. They also want us to spend more time playing and THAT is exactly what this event does. It is time consuming. As a member in my guild said - he didn’t have 1 hour daily to spend on just using his 4 sigils in the event.
And no one in my guild found this event fun. Personally I do not mind tough fights or restrictions - it is fun putting the best team together.
But this is the first time the medals only boost skulls with no available troops/weapon that can create skulls. And I agree that not all events will please all - that is simply impossible.
I think this is another attempt to make us spend more gems and hopefully money to get more. Or at least more time - if we want to complete the event.