Stormy Night

Originally published at: Stormy Night – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Storm Knight The Storm Knight will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: Black Ice There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Berserker, Ice…

• Berserker: 6 points
  • Ice Witch: 9 points
  • Ice Golem: 9 points
  • Hyndla Frostcrown: 20 points
  • Frostfeather: 10 points
  • Mistralus: 15 points

Is it correct that Hyndla battles are worth more than Mistralus ones? Seems a bit odd to me.

10 Likes

Future edit 6-12 hours after the original post has been uploaded:

“Secrets are worth 25% more per encounter as the difficulty rises during the event.”

Hey we are only in week like 24 of this folks. We’ll get there eventually right? :roll_eyes:

(Or something to that effect, I forget how the other similar event worked in terms of scaling, but I do recall an increase.)

3 Likes

Anyone else getting sick of the every changing scoring systems trying to confuse players as much as possible?
Also I am confused by the post, is there an 25% increase now or not?

7 Likes

It’s a holiday weekend for the devs, so I doubt we’ll get an answer tonight. The post was auto uploaded.

Doesn’t look like it … highest rarity, lowest level.

Was it the Naga event that had scoring like this?
I think that event was a variable amount though.

I prefer the ones where level is not a concern cuz inevitably the board is just full of false choices.

Looks like the whole board will reset after every fight, so that’s interesting.

2 Likes

Hyndla Frostcrown seems to be the featured troop for the lore, so it gets first dibs.
But otherwise yes, highest rarity.

I know keeping things fresh by changing them is good but that scoring system every week …
I just imagine the Devs, instead of working on actual game content they sit there brainstorming and calculating the scoring system for the next event and how to make it as unpleasant as possible :smiley:

8 Likes

What’s funnier is the powers that be are paying the devs to spend time inventing these hilariously awful scoring systems instead of focusing on game improvements. It’s a literal middle finger to the players.

6 Likes

What is up with event medals that only provide a bonus to skull dmg when there is literally no troops/weapons available for team building that generate skulls. Working as intended? lol

25 Likes

I was looking for a post like yours.
Have they complely lost it? Medals boosts skull damage only, but no troops or weapons available that creates skulls…

Are we supposed to sit around and wait for skulls to drop or an enemy troop that can create them? The first many levels can be won without skulls, but later on…
It is a time consuming sink. Sadly I already bought tier 4, but I will warn my guild not to waste time on this, if the devs doesn’t change it.

11 Likes

The more I look at it the more I feel like it has to be a mistake.

@Saltypatra can you confirm that this is the intent of this week’s world event design? Seems like an error.

7 Likes

And stone skin opponents to boot. Loving it. (Sarcasm…)

1 Like

At least the campaign this week has no multi-day tasks. I wonder though if it’s just rng rather than the devs listening to feedback.

5 Likes

Check the actual enemies in the battles!
The map proposed a Hyndla battle for me, but it had Mistralus instead.
However it still payed out with two secrets.

1 Like
2 Likes

Purely from a point perspective, the requirements for full rewards appear low-ish this week, i.e. around 68 battles for 800 pts which can be reached from Tier 1 sigils.
It may also be reachable (by a whisker and with luck?) without even buying any sigils, as per the leaderboard (63 battles is within Tier 0 range of 63-65):

Tier 2 gives a comfortable buffer for losses, especially given the mismatched medal bonus. The potions may help newer players.

6 Likes