Stormy Night

I would absolutely love to see different unique medals, even if they’re only event medals. The devs could do some really cool stuff with them and incorporate it into the event’s lore and all that. I’m almost positive that someone smarter than me has said that medals have the capability to use any effect and stat increase in the game. I want to see that utilized!

5 Likes

They probably didn’t want to do a spell medal because everyone would run Titan with 50% mana start for giants and then run things like 3x Jotnar Stormshield (I mean, I have 3 of him, doesn’t everyone?) and literally one shot the entire enemy team.

Let’s say he does 40 base damage (no nysha medals), boosted by giants and barriers – that’s 8x7 = 56 + 40 = 96 damage, now with one 160% medal, that’s 249 true damage. With 3 medals, that’s 556 true damage. It’s too easy.

BUT… they have had super easy teams like that in the past, so I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

If the medals are pointless, they shouldn’t have a “unique” event medal system. Alternatively, they could look into making event medals actually unique and related to the event rather than acting as though all they can do is increased skull/spell damage :wink:

5 Likes

In it’s current state, this event compared to previous events is at best much less fun, at worst very frustrating. Devs please help.

4 Likes

Actually if they could turn all enemies into peasants and give both magic and skull damage increases that would be great too. I def don’t want any challenge at all when playing.

3 Likes

Considering the glory troop is definitely bugged. We’re already half way there to this week being buggedapalooza.

So on the chance that somehow the medals aren’t a mistake.

The devs decided to make the bounty 7 days instead of 3 days this week? Grinding is fun I guess???
Or we’re supposed to buy a bunch of tiers to make it less grindy?
If you don’t use gems, then it’s your fault that gems of war is less fun? It’s a weird mentality to read stated huh? I guess we’ll wait and see if that’s actually the intent.

Its sort of clear that the devs don’t actually play this game anymore (either that or they do play but they don’t enjoy it either). There’s a game I play where the devs enter the matchmaking and freaking obliterate me most of the time, that one you can tell they know how the game works. (Not that there’s a matchmaking parallel here but still.)

12 Likes

All people need to do is read in-game event description. it’s written there:
“Defeat enemies, take them captive to learn their secrets. Keep watch for Hyndla - she will know the most!”

Weird, that people are comming to forums to get info that’s given them in-game…

Bad game design: anything that makes me do what I’m doing right now, which is ask myself “How does this event work? I don’t know, I guess I have to check the forums because the game doesn’t say!!

^ This is accurate but because of how entirely, absurdly arbitrary everything is, I wouldn’t trust this even slightly and I don’t even look here because checking the forum is now the default. I just went to get a picture to clarify that the game, in truth, does not give us enough info.

Actually that’s wrong. Checking here isn’t the default. My default is to plow through the event without giving a damn about the score because I can’t stand these things.

6 Likes

Except it isn’t in game. Sure, it says to beat Hyndla, but what about when that fight isn’t available? Which do you pick then? You will have to come to the forums to find out.

2 Likes

My main gripe regarding World Lore Events has been the scoring - never troop of weapon restrictions - but I’d really like to know, however, whether this week’s medal effects are intentional design or unfortunate oversight?
I’m not passing out any judgement yet (in hopes of some official response) and, while it doesn’t make the event truly unplayable, I honestly can’t blame anybody who calls current situation “trolling”.

As a positive thing, I’m using Titan class again…can’t even remember last time I did that.

2 Likes

I will use experience from previous events and go for highest rarity…
I will also compare points gained from 2 battles vs same enemy to see if points are increasing with consecutive battles.
Seriously, it isn’t rocket science… Scoring changes every event, but general rule stays the same:
Troop from event description, than highest rarity.

I know previous events didn’t have those descriptions, expecialy in C1, but at least half of C2 have them, and all C3 have it written.

I’m on the other hand using Warlord instead of Titan… Warlord needs some class exp and he’s way underleveled compared even to Oracle…

2 Likes

That’s not completely fair. My Titan was, I think, the first class I leveled to 100 precisely because of how darn good it was/is. There was just no need to go back to it since leveling classes takes priority over almost every other consideration in the current state of the game.

4 Likes

I’m actually using archmagus for the doomstorm start

3 Likes

Hmm…I probably didn’t make myself clear enough.
All my hero classes are at level 100 (have been that way, in fact, about month or so since the last class was released) and haven’t used Titan for more than a handful of matches all this time - for the teams I play other hero classes do the job just as good or better than Titan (so I’ve never shared the highly prevalent hype anything without 50% mana start & barrier on brown & lightning strike is useless rubbish.)

4 Likes

lol! I feel like this should be the default for most people, and probably is. I know it’s that way for myself and many others in our guild. We just bust it out quickly and move on to other areas we actually do care about. I think there is way to much over analyzing of these events and the scoring system to actually be of meaningful benefit in the long run.

If these events always required a tier 4-6 purchase with massive difficulty spikes, I’d understand the constant frustrations, but till that point happens, I don’t see any issue.

I agree with this. It may be in the game, but it’s not obvious to most this is how the system would work. To me it feels like they are so proud of themselves for being clever about how they describe their scoring in-game that they forget most don’t care about their cleverness or even read the dialogue. The forums should not be a place to always figure out the required tiers per player or how the scoring system works.

Honestly, I would really like this. But, if your guild struggles to complete all rewards you do not want to waste sigils on lower point fights to find this out when the devs posted it already on the forums.

If the points were unique to the guild so that neither the devs nor community could just post it, that I could 100% get behind. It would be like Tower of Doom where you have scouts to determine this.

And there you have.

Not everyone is a veteran player who has been around “forever”.

No? I don’t even have one.

But also, why couldn’t medals do a lower spell damage increase if that would have actually been the concern?

Like I said, not everyone is a veteran player. And guild events should be fun and achievable for everyone, no?

Also, why even give out medals if they don’t fit the available troops and weapons?

Will I personally manage? Yeah, sure.
Will I have fun? I don’t think I will.

Also, the always changing scoring system doesn’t change the fact that the world event is just the same thing each and every week. After figuring out who to attack in what order, it’s just another grind.

Could be so much better if some actual thought would be put into these besides of scoring and a story that hardly anyone reads, like the aforementioned medals that can do unique things.

3 Likes

Why should that be the case? The simple answer is no, they shouldn’t be easy for everyone. Even mid-level players can make it through most of the event just fine. Sure they are going to have to take the lower level battles more often than a vet but they are still very easy.

This is proven by the fact that I have a level 300 alt i sometimes help out our network guilds with on weekends and haven’t struggled at all. Even with restrictions I’m able to find teams that can work. Battles take longer but I would expect as much given my level. Are there certain events that are tougher than others? Sure, but i would expect as much cause I’m level 300!

Fun is subjective. No game mode is going to please all people. The higher the level you are, the faster the game becomes and the more ways you have to win. For example you don’t need Jotnar/titan and massive stats to win. Ice Aegis is pretty affordable in the soul forge and that boosts attack. If you use Slayer class or another class with enraged on 4/5, hunters mark on 4/5 or better yet a class that has 100 on the fire talent tree you can do triple skull damage to burning enemies which some of the troops in this event do to the enemy.

I get the point you are trying to make about low level players needing the boost, but no one said it should be a cake walk for all players. It’s very possible to be a low level player and still contribute a lot in the world events. As a player progresses, gets better troops/weapons, and stats they will get through these events easier. I don’t believe it’s the job of the devs to dumb events down for lower level players. No other game does that and I don’t think gems should. I think it’s already accessible for lower level players.

I don’t know what anyone else is using, but around level 400, the fights take forever. Stupid skull damage reduction troops vs spit-balling 70 splash damage on troops with 600 combined armor/health. It’s boring. It’s frustrating.

FYI - thorodin (titan), hylda, valkyrie, jarl - is my team

What’s worse is that when I do get a skull hit; I don’t get to enjoy it cuz I never had a point where skulls insta-killed opponents. Even at low level, you are dinking your way through fights. Just took less dinks.

That low tiers are required (I buy T4 each week, to get the first medal) is irrelevant to the fact that the design is dumb.

If people seriously think this is fine, why bother with the weekly medals at all? They are, in fact, the only thing that make these tedious & repetitive weekly events tolerable - that they are quick 'n easy to complete.

6 Likes