(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

If Sabertooth Lion gets reworked and back in the meta, I will have to reinstall the game…

8 Likes

Now that we have tranformation effects, it would be nice to have some Druid that cold transform into a S. Lion (and maybe have other forms) because it always seemed to me that its markings were inspired on WoW druids’ animal forms.

1 Like

Yeah few meanings to add another status like Poison or Burn, which both needs surely some power-up.
The stacking could be the poison (and I don’t say that because I proposed it one or two years ago :wink: ).

On the other hand, I understand that new status could make easier the design of new spells for new troops…

Will these new effects be matched to some kingdom reworks?

Humm… that seems awfully powerful. I wonder if this effect has a fixed duration or has a percentage chance to expire at the start of each side’s turn (like how debuffs behave now). Otherwise, once cast if Blessed (if AoE) would be incredibly OP and would force the other side to be bring a healer/dispeller to compensate (the same can be said for Cursed).

1 Like

Simply put Cursed is weaker than Blessed, because it can’t be applied to troops already immune to status effects. So any true Impervious (trait) troop will never be bothered with it, and troops under Blessed effect will also laugh at such cute attempts to cause harm…

Blessed should have, in my opinion without seeing the plans for the troops able to apply it, a fixed duration of two turns. Something reliable that buys you time (while also acts as a cleanse effect if the devs pay attention and test things for longer than two minutes), and won’t hinder the players agency too long if used by the A.I in some theorical scenarios…

Shorter than that and the effect would be a bad joke, the kind of joke that only a mother would laugh to make her son feel better (but she would still be disappointed), and longer than that gives too much advantage/value to troops who can apply it to at least two troops and if there is a Mass Blessing or Bless on 4/5 matches troops we will need to rely on Mass Dispel and Raw Damage.

1 Like

I wonder about that…

Because, the first thing I thought when I read the description of Cursed was “this is how Impervious troops are going to be countered”.

The end logical result of anything status effect related is to simply bring a team of Impervious units to just ignore them entirely, just like you said. But, what if Cursed is meant to disable Impervious by design?

And does Cursed neutralize Blessed on casting by design? Because, otherwise, again as you point out, Blessed will always be superior to Cursed.

More info is badly needed on this.

From the phrasing alone unless Cursed also ignores all immunities it wouldn’t matter. Blessed and Impervious+ troops would laugh at it.

But i need to confess that i’m playing dumb (some would say i’m a natural at this…) in the hopes the devs would notice this glaring mistake/oversight and have it fixed in time to avoid 100.003 threads complaining about bugs with the immunities…

Still, i find this an odd choice to introduce/reinforce mechanics around debuffs using debuffs. A global effect like a Mythic trait on a troop with a strong theme related to all plagues and ailments know by mankind would be nice… if it was a direct reference to a biblical figure of great importance, a knight or horsemen of sorts from the book of Apocalypse maybe… :thinking: If only we had one in the game in need of a rework to have more relevance… :thinking:

Off-topic:
In my good ol’ days of facebook games Marvel Avenger Alliance introduced their own version of the Horsemen created by the mutant Apocalypse. One of my favorites was Pestilence:

Hank McCoy with all his knowledge on chemistry and biology made a fine Horsemen. He had a passive that was able to supress all immunities and cleansing effects of both teams and it would also allows your team to apply any debuff they had on them when attacking enemies. The other Horsemen of the story arc on the game where also really good, but he was the best.

1 Like

I see it less as going after impervious troops and more about going after those silly elves with mana shield or ancestry traits.

But, is it really worth to use one spell in order to make an effect on another spell work?

Call me old fashioned, but curb stomping the enemies with damage seems very efficient instead of all these debuff acrobatics. The meta won’t shift an inch as Yao-Guai+Titania, Infernus+Divines and Egg Thief+Key would basically not care about this…

There are some cases where things could change a little, but it’s just a little in the end, maybe we will see another version that supports Deathmark, Freeze and other debuffs, but instead of all this trouble i believe it would be more sensible to add improved debuffs as i suggest some time ago:

• Burning → “Evolves” into Flare dealing more damage and maybe adding some other minor effect.
  • Freeze → “Evolves” into Frostbite, dealing damage now and preventing healing/life gain.
  • Poison → “Evolves” into Dark Icor, dealing more damage and reducing attack every turn.
    (I didn’t suggested these specific effects, i’m just throwing ideas again because i’m too lazy right now to search my own old post with other ideas.)

Anyway, this is a leaked information and we can only speculate, but i hope the devs don’t waste time with these things just to make new stuff for the sake of being new, and irrelevant, when they could be improving Wild Plains in time for its class release and also improve the Shaman by the way.

Its about the same reasoning as people wanting immunity to transform. shrug

All 3 of those “metas” you mentioned already have some glaring weaknesses now, so if that’s how it is, its not the worst place to be. Metas are only metas because people are lazy and copy what others do and no amount of troop changing can change that until a new team performs better to replace the older ones.

As for damage vs debuffs, damage only takes you so far. Try it in delves, pure damage won’t carry you through the higher floors. You need the debuffs to buy you enough time to do said damage.

If they can’t make the things they want, then they won’t have enough creativity left to fix Wild Plains or the hero class :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, but i regard the balance of Delves and ToD as sketchy, so sketchy that the natural reaction of players was, in many ways to be cheesy and one of these cheesy tactics suffered an intervention which caused some problems down the road too.

It’s just that… How can i put it? Hmmm… Ah, i know: It’s tiresome to be/feel like the “Second Line of Beta Testers”.

Obviously no one can’t expect innovative features to be a 100% success rate all the time, but on the other hand i feel, and that’s a very personal opinion based on what information is available and what is preceived, the design direction is too rushed…

It’s like building a house with three walls and a roof, only after it’s finished the devs notice they forgot one wall and the floor, then they add the fourth wall but now they need to break it to be able to get inside and make the floor… Then, after the floor is placed they notice they still need to put the pipes and power lines and outlets, windows…

Ok, this is maybe very unfair to them all things considered, but i believe you get my point: To anyone, basically, they surely are making things too fast with less attention to details and long term planning than what is supposedly ideal. There are many possible reasons for that, and i believe many of us are probably thinking about a certain $omeone who is the culprit of it all…

1 Like

Me and my armor full of holes, patches and cracks agreed. Just thinking about the damage does not make you happy in the Delves. Silencing, removing mana, destroying armor, stunning and removing barriers are essential factors for advancing battles.

Where can I see what limit of stars each kingdom can currently have?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hvL6AijrIk4B2HHAh0A9yh3J7jVHlN2DV54fINvRkV8/htmlview#
Under kingdom tab

Gowdb also shows which kingdoms of yours are not at max stars

Thank you, man.

This information was generated by @ANGI
Enjoy…

Forthcoming Kingdom Stars
11/30/2018 Pridelands 12 stars
12/03/2018 Dhrak-Zum 7 stars (if you haven’t before kingdom rework patch)
12/07/2018 Wild Plains 9 stars
12/28/2018 Pan’s Vale 12 stars
01/07/2019 Wild Plains 11 stars
01/11/2019 Leonis Empire 9 stars
02/01/2019 Mist of Scales 14 stars (if Fang Moor faction belongs to it)
02/04/2019 Divinion Fields 9 stars
02/11/2019 Shentang 8 stars
03/08/2019 Bright Forest 8 stars (if Dark Pits faction belongs to it)
03/11/2019 Forest of Thorns 14 stars
03/15/2019 Forest of Thorns 15 stars
03/18/2019 Khetar 10 stars
03/22/2019 Darkstone 14 or 15 stars (depends on Frog Prince pet release)
04/12/2019 Silverglade 8 stars (if Silver Necropolis belongs to it)
04/15/2019 Sword’s Edge 14 stars
04/19/2019 Sword’s Edge 15 stars
04/26/2019 Drifting Sands 9 stars
04/29/2019 Urskaya 9 stars

end of Troop spoilers from here…but sure is
05/31/2019 Merlantis 9 stars (new class Tidecaller)
07/05/2019 Bright Forest 9 stars (new class Hierophant)
08/09/2019 Blackhawk 9 stars (new class Corsair)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Created by Angi @ Paladins
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

19 Likes

Thanks @ANGI and @Taransworld for the list. It’s very useful!

1 Like

Great info.

Looks like the mythic pet pain train will be in full force monthly in 2019.

Small correction: the Karakoth mythic is supposed to replace Zuul’Goth, who will likely move to Apocalypse at that time.

High King Irongut
Trait #3: Just a Bite: Steal 4 Life when matching Brown Gems.
Trait #3: Just a Bite: Steal 4 Life from the first enemy when matching Brown Gems.

Excitement has dwindled by a good amount. Least favorite type of traits (stat reduction on the 1st enemy type)

I look forward to “Bleed”

Edit: Trait #1: Cursed Touch
Inflict Curse when dealing Skull damaged.

Now I understand Blessed/Cursed. To give it to other troops that don’t have those effects.