(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Devils Advocate - things won’t change as the Divine nerf came to ensure this troop and Tai-Pan are they new meta. :hugs:

The new class coming this Friday has a terrible issue with his trees (Forest, Water, Death): he should have Fire and Cunning:

• Fire because his traits/color are quite close to the Fire tree
  • Cunning because he’s a Hunter so he should have the Hunter talent (maybe he has been renamed)
  • Water is really out-of-topic with this class. I know he has to have this tree because of his class weapon but that’s not a great tree…
3 Likes

For those of you wondering what the last trait ‘Heatwave’ is for Sunspear:
TRAIT_HEATWAVE_DESC]": “Create a Firestorm at the start of every turn.”

7 Likes

Devs changed the Death tree for the Fire one according to Twitter :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Is there even any information on what the water tree consists of?

Sure:

Forest Water Fire
Haunted Weave: Web a random enemy when I summon a troop. Snap Freeze: Freeze a random enemy at the start of battle. Feline Fury: All Raksha gain 1 Attack and Life.
Perfect Aim: Gain 2 Magic if using a Bow. Insulated: Immunity to Frozen. Fireproof: Immunity to Burning and Faerie Fire.
Root Trap: Entangle the first enemy at the start of battle. Ocean’s Trident: Gain 3 Magic if using a Polearm. Up in Flames: Burn a random enemy when an ally dies.
Nature’s Aura: Create a leafstorm at the start of a battle. Watery Binding: All Blue Allies gain 4 Life. Firestarter: Create a firestorm at the start of a battle.
Wall of Vines: All Green allies gain 5 Armor. Deluge: Submerge a random ally on 4 or 5 Gem matches. Gift of Fire: All Red Allies gain 1 Magic.
Elven Sentries: All Elves gain 1 Magic and Attack at the start of a battle. Water Mastery: Gain bonus Blue Mana from Blue Gem matches. Firebringer: Gain bonus Red Mana from Red Gem matches.
Harvest Moon: All Wargare Allies gain 2 Life every turn. Aquatic Glory: All Merfolk allies gain 2 Magic when an enemy dies. Fireblade: Deal triple Skull damage to burning enemies.
15 Likes

It’s weird that they reused the names “Insulated” and “Fireproof” for identical effect, but decided to come up with the names “Water Mastery” and “Firebringer” for things that were already in the game under other names.

Have I told you lately that I love your insanely helpful, well-formatted, topical quick responses?

I find it a little amusing that the only class that could get any real use from fire’s first trait has it outclassed by water’s. I think water’s first is the best of the bunch; Water Mastery is good but likely inferior to Firebringer with Hunter’s 3rd trait. Deluge and Insulated are better than nothing, and Watery Binding… I guess you might as well, right?

2 Likes

:thinking: I wonder what to pick here …

2 Likes

As far as capstone traits are concerned, it’s harder to get more underwhelming than Aquatic Glory.

2 Likes

Yeah the discrepancies in power between the 100-level talents is staggering.

It’s not like Water Mastery could already be taken to mean two different things…

2 Likes

Next hero class :
Name: Frostmage
Augment: Elemental
Bonus Color: Purple
Bonus Weapon: Blue
Weapon: Orb Of Winter #1218
Kingdom: {Glacial Peaks}
Talent Trees: Water/Arcane/Storm
Traits: Water Heart/Arcane Surge Arcane/Frostbite
Release Date: 9/28/2018

TRAIT_FROSTBITE_DESC]“: “25% chance to Freeze a random enemy when an ally casts a spell.”
TRAIT_ARCANE_DESC]”: “Gain 1 Magic when an ally cast a spell”

Edit: Changes made above with updated information.

7 Likes

5 Likes

25% chance that is aweful. Don’t get me wrong, seeing how terrible Mabs third trait has influenced the game i am happy with auto-freeze traits being really really really bad, but introducing even more unreliable random chance in the game is just aweful and frustrating.
“Oh damn i just casted my third spell, still no freeze!”-----“Well nice that 25% chance of the AI fires 100% of the time… great, random freezes deciding the game is fun!”

1 Like

Wait, wasn’t there one that gives all constructs 10 Armor? :crazy_face:

I’ll always argue that is perhaps the worst one. Saying they don’t know anything about balance may seem mean, I say, it’s constructive criticism.

5 Likes

lv. 1 Snap Freeze: Freeze a random enemy at the start of battle
lv. 5 Insulated: Immune to Frozen
lv. 10: Anti-Magic Sphere: Reduce damage from Spells by 20%
lv. 20 Mana Source: Start battles with 50% Mana
lv. 40 Deluge: Submerge a random ally on 4 or 5 gem matches.
lv 70 Lightning Strike: Explode 1 Yellow Gem on 4 or 5 matches
lv 100 Lord of Storms: Elementals gain 1 Magic when an ally casts a spell (hero type is elemental)

Next class will be very useful to me.

Only question now is… what’s the Arcane Surge trait on the hero? can’t seem to look it up from the in-game filters.

2 Likes

Arcane Surge - “Gain bonus Purple Mana from Purple Gem matches.”

1 Like