(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Probably very similar to 5+ skull from the original Puzzle Quest 1 & 2. This image is from the second one.

unnamed

The thing is, will it be unique thing of the new kingdom’s spell, or will it be apply to the whole game? If it’s the latter, the whole game dynamic is about to change in a big way.

2 Likes

Let’s imagine that I never played Puzzle Quest (I know, heresy)…what do they do?

Sorry for posting before finish my post.

Probably some extra skull damage on skull match, like enraged, but apply on the board instead of troop. The original have flat 3 plus attack value for damage, and +5 for any doomskulls (so 8 or more per match). Gems of War work a bit different on skull. (single 3-skull match = attack stats on troop card, plus one more for any extra skulls). So things will be a bit different from original idea. Might have to look in to game files for more info.

2 Likes

да я так и сделал - я вставил ссылку с твоего сайта, а она превратилась во встроенное изображение

A few new updates…

They will explode when matched, I believe.

Trogdorkin (beast, 32 mana, yellow/purple): Deal 15 damage randomly split amongst enemies boosted Merfolk allies. Spawn a schocktapus.

7 Likes

i like the art the spell is weak af though buff plox

2 Likes

i will pass on ur feedback n suggestion to the dev tem

5 Likes

To be fair, the Boost Ratio was never mentioned… it’s really x100, hence why it is so expensive to cast cough cough

6 Likes

We don’t know what its traits are, it may have ‘Enchants self twice on any gem match’.

When I saw doomskulls on the taransworld site, I wondered what they were. I’ve played through both puzzle quest 1 & 2, and didn’t think of this. I’ll bet you’re right. Or it will be something similar to this.

1 Like

Skulls that magically align when created. Just like when fighting Psion, except that it also works for the player. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I hope they can undo the change to The Wild Queen’s spell. It went from a ton of potential to completely underpowered and borderline useless.

Mixture gem creations very rarely work well. (which I’m actually fine with). Before, her gem creation boosted by attack stolen allowed for a chance to actually be productive with her creation as well as make skulls viable again for once.

Now she reads, steal attack and do no damage, and give it to the first ally. Give up your turn and make sure the enemy can use all the skulls you created to bash your first ally’s face in. Trait 1: minimal, Trait 2: very minimal, Trait 3: very underpowered compared to Champion of Anu, Scorpius, Abnyssia, etc. Would argue something like Hyndla’s 3rd trait has more value than TWQ’s 3rd trait.

I’d rather use Sylvasi, even though it doesn’t buff other teammates. My Sylvasi never sees play.

3 Likes

When is the next kingdom?

No one knows yet, but it’s safe to assume it won’t be before May.

1 Like

I just noticed the excessive amounts of Venom and Forest arcanes needed during the next month. About 50 of each!!!

1 Like

Damn.

Good thing I have 160 venom and 300 forest.

Had me worried there for a minute! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A few updates just came down…

2 Likes

so after watching the recent Gems of War stream… Undine’s 3rd trait is different from the one listed on Tarans website.

I like the new 3rd trait concept, but it doesn’t work well with Undine. Now Undine is a little too narrow focused of a troop?

if I evaluate the troop, what purpose can I use it for?

3rd trait -self buff
spell - subpar damage + team buff (one color) + enemy team debuff (one color)

So if I’m not using it for the damage, and the team buff is a bit too slow to rely on… the only thing I can use it for is one day in GW which happens once every 3 weeks as one color enemies are unreliable otherwise?

Was kinda looking forward to the submerge a random ally on green match… Would rather Leviathan had Undine’s current 3rd trait.

I would prefer if it submerged all allies at the start of every turn. Sounds OP, I’m sure, but it gives Undine a defining role. How else is it going to reliably get the extra submerged ally boost for its spell outside of casting twice or relying on outside help? Before the submerge a random ally on green match fulfilled that role.

2 Likes