(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Yellow too to boost Dawnbringer for more grief! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Arena is already broken with that stupid dawnbringer

5 Likes

@yonizaf Yonizaf, have you already some info about new mythic of drifting sand?

It says a lot about our crappy power creep situation that this one looks so useless… I actually think it’s okay - though the dispel should be whole team to be at all relevant… I’m just saddened that the end game meta tedium of pvp won’t let me experiment with using it at all…

Edit: agree with @zuboki that the colour situation needs sorting into something at all useful…

2 Likes

Drifting Sands 8 stars hopefully. :crossed_fingers:

It seems a good troop. He does 25 true damage (with kingdom bonus) + 4xblue gems (let’s say 4) = 41 true damage…
Random troop could have one advantage because it can target a Stealthy troop :wink: .

Duststorm is there because half of the Drifting Sands troops are Brown so he can have some synergy with them.
A troop should not be able to generate his own mana color (FG I’m talking to you).

2 Likes

Nope, not enough for the 8 stars…

Can be set up to basically one-shot anything in early game and arena as is the second troop to get a storm on enemy death that actually has board mod spell (albeit very minor, and no color synergy with basically anything). Plus, Impervious. All on an Ultra-Rare. Still may not be frequently seen at endgame because of what is required to combat the meta. This troop sort of does it “on paper”, getting sparsely meta-used browns on the board and being Impervious and combating blue, but in reality, it wont because it is too slow, can’t target, won’t one shot even the most fragile meta troops with 6 blues exploded even if you do randomly target them, and has no obvious single troop color synergies, and storms are of very limited use without mass board mod. I’m in agreement that I would really like to see a more focused design, but I wouldn’t go as far to say “useless”.

5 Likes

I’d prefer explode a random gem and dispel/damage an enemy. More viable.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t do spoilers anymore. The one to ask is probably Lyya.

No, just no. Aiming the explosion is the best thing about this troop, it gives so much control. I love using single explosion troops, like IceGolem, Winter Knight or FireElemental. The best is obviously goblin rocket.

1 Like

Do we have any updates on the next set of guild wars troops and when the old ones are going in guild chests? It would be cool if there was at least a week the old guild chest cards were in guild chests before the new cards come out. Then there would be a brief window for a perfect collection without being a top 3 GW guild.

Ok, thank you anyway ^^

There’s not much more info about the troops post-Merlantis than what I’ve already shared (colors, kingdoms, rarity). I’ll give you more details as they become available.

1 Like

We already have a True Damage blue targeted in Amira. This seems like a similar use-case but clearl worse.

As I see no one has brought it up yet …

What happens if he is on the same team as Infernus? How does the traits work, since the Ancient Golem has Duststorm, while Infernus Firestorm. Both on enemy death. Which triggers?

Well, obviously you’d get a “direstorm.” Duh.

(It’s just like a regular storm, but more dire.)

6 Likes

I would guess that the first troop’s trait activates followed by the second, so the second one overrides the first.

5 Likes

We already have Snow-Hunter with a storm-on-enemy-death trait. Whoever is last in the team order will the be the trait that activates second and that storm persists.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of giving doomclaw a miss but knowing my luck they’ll buff him after the exclusive period and I’ll end up having to craft him. So basically I’m after anything I can get my hands on regarding the next mythic. It might persuade me to save up.