(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Looks like the next faction after Lyrasza’s Lair will be The Deep Hive (bound very possibly to Drifting Sands). Planned date of coming is Mar 27.

In yesterday’s stealth-stream, they oddly were showing off Umenath having the old version of her spell (targeting the strongest enemy, rather than allowing the player to choose). Hope they aren’t reverting the buff, as pre-buff Umenath would be a lower-tier mythic.

(Player-targeted Umenath isn’t looking THAT great even; I still would recommend Ubastet over her. However, she’s at least usable, as she could reliably get kills to trigger her skull generation, possibly netting extra turns.)

1 Like

Obviously, this needs testing, but it seems that running her against teams with magic boosts only helps her spell. Need to verfiy if she can one-shot or not.

Maybe they were meant to be used together. If Umaneth can 100% reliably* get any enemy with full armor and health into Ubastet kill range with just one cast, they might be worth pairing in the same team. It’s very expensive mana-wise though.

*(I know there are troops who can act in the role of Ubastet supporter but they have problems. Shadow Hunter becomes less effective the fewer enemies there are and Kryshound sometimes needs more than one cast on the same enemy to lower their defenses enough.)

Perhaps, but it would stink if Umenath would have to be tethered to another mythic in order to be usable.

Yeah, either version of her works better against troops with buffed magic or attack stats; they increase her damage without increasing the survivability of her target. If the new guild guardians are proving to be that much of a problem, she would be very effective against those teams.

(This is a important time to note another one of the buffs that would be undone: the strongest-only targeting version has a booster of 3:1, where the player-targeted version’s booster is 2:1. Really hope they don’t release the pre-buffed version!)

Meanwhile, next week looks like another ho-hum week for endgamers. Dandy Lion is a decent front troop for new players, with barkskin and tangle traits. Faemark was a little more interesting when first announced (it had freeze a random enemy on 4/5 matches!); it now seems kinda worthless, even for a godslayer.

Anyone think Dandy Lion might serve as a Poor-Man’s Euryali for “poison all the bears” purposes?

A third of the time is probably too infrequent. But for such a low mana cost, might be easy to get off at least two casts without much effort…

If you’re going to gamble a 1 in 3 (assuming they’re even odds), then you’re better off just using Wyvern for Scorpius or something like Poison Master the not master of poison or Plague Rat if poisoning all matters.

1 Like

Magnus
Shadow dragon
Scarabi
Exploadstool
Horned asp

All work as poor man eurayli

The best “Poor Man’s Euryali” is Wyvern. It is only an ultra-rare, has Fast, and poisons the last two enemies. Plague Rat is great since it’s a mana generator and it is a Faction troop (and thus you can target a specific Portal to get it).

2 Likes

I would vote for Horned Asp as best “Poor Man’s Euryali”. It is rare, has swift and poisons the last 3 enemies, if you want to. Is also a Faction troop you can target on portal, but Wyvern and Plague Rat come close, lol

1 Like

Seems Werewoods is not linked to Urskaya as the game files currently say. Salty said on the stream she’s writing a quest line for the faction linked to Urskaya, and it’s not Werewoods.

Safe to assume it’s Maugrim Woods then?

1 Like

she could be mistaken as well

Ah, another secret stream. Will have to check it out.

(Yes Idle is right; last week the outdated version of Umenath was shown and discussed.)

To be fair… If it is Urskaya it would be our first brown Mana Kingdom Faction Assault. Since it’s never been done before I assume it’ll break the game. And basically canon in their simply confusing treatment of Factions as a whole.

1 Like

New Tarans info up. Nothing new in classes, and nothing mind blowing in weapons (I don’t think, but I’m not the expert around here), but the next Mythic is up, and looks somewhat interesting. Lots of true damage, plus constant bleeds, with possible looping potential. A few other new troop spells as well, including a mech with lethal chance

Edit: forgot to mention that she’s a Darkstone Daemon ROGUE, which surprised me, as I was expecting another Daemon Human to match TPK

1. Mother of Darkness
    Darkness Eternal
    Deal [Magic + 4] true damage to an Enemy and the Enemy below them, boosted by Purple Gems. If an Enemy dies, create 12 Purple Gems. Otherwise summon 2 Sisters of Shadows. [10x]

Trait #1: Dark Death
Summon a Darkstorm when an enemy dies.

Trait #2: Stealthy
Cannot be targeted by spells (unless there are no other targets).

Trait #3: Blood Mark
Inflict Bleed to all Enemies when matching Purple Gems.

Captain Macaw for 50% start.
MoD is also stealthy. Yikes.
It also creates 12 purple gems when an enemy dies, which really shouldn’t be hard at 10x per purple gem…

This mythic is extremely strong without counterplay.

Bleed all is a strange choice on this troop, but certainly not bad.

I love this troop.

1. Child of Summer: Summer’s Call
    Convert Brown Gems to Red. Conjure a Firestorm.

We already have another brown to red empowered converter =/

1 Like

I’m sure the boost ratio listed is a placeholder and the real value will be much, much lower.

1 Like

She looks like that huh. I just watched…

I could definitely see it being dropped to 7x or 8x at least