(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Nice, Sin of Maraj is coming up. We’ll finally be able to craft Doomed Crossbow.

Even 7x would be insane. I would expect 2-4x in the release version, and 4x would still place her as one of the heavier hitters in the game.

2 Likes

After Umenath, nothing really surprises me damage-wise if they decided to upscale.

New spoiler time!

TROOPS

• We have more dates for troops now. We know for a fact the next update must come before February 24th (probably late January-early February?) because P4-NTH4 doesn’t have art yet.
  • THE DEEP HIVE faction is coming at some point, intriguing name.
  • Malcandessa is an empowered Yellow->Green converter. Empowered converters will never not be useful so that’s a thumbs up from me.
  • Mother of Darkness is the February mythic and I sincerely hope that’s her final state and they don’t nerf her. A 10x ratio on Purple gems means that only like 5 or 6 Purples are needed to get 2 kills, which is not hard if you get a kill since you get 12 Purples and a Darkstorm when you do. And finally we get a reliable source of Bleed! A reminder that Bleed stacks up to 4 times, dealing 1/3/6/10 true damage per turn. 10 damage per turn is a lot, and if we get Fireblade but with bleed at some point, she will become essential to that. If she releases as-is I’m putting her at S on my tier list, and even with a nerf to 7-8x she has a lot of potential.
  • We finally get a Nysha troop for March’s mythic, but no details on it yet.
  • P4-NTH4 has a (10% + Armor/5 %) chance to instantly kill an enemy, which comes out to about 22-25% chance. There are troops with random Devour chance that have better odds than that without using a boost ratio.

WEAPONS*

• Several new weapons with no useful details: Deep Hive Weapon (probably for the faction), Bright Forest Weapon (probably a mixer), Fey Invasion (one guess what this does), Grosh-Nak Weapon (please can we get more interesting weapons, like the ones that strip armor please), Orc Invasion (ugh are we going to have to wait until every kingdom and troop type gets one of these for the pain to end).
  • Also colors for many othe new spell types.

TL;dr A really hype-worthy new Mythic that deals true damage with a 10x boost ratio on Purple gems.

3 Likes

Even in the highly unlikely event that MoD gets released with a 10x multiplier, I’d expect that to be reduced dramatically within a day or two. 4x would still be massive for a true damage troop - 13 of a color on the board isn’t at all unusual with a storm running, resulting in +52 true damage to 2 troops. 10x is just never going to stick.

1 Like

In Explore 12, you’re looking at around 40% chance to kill for 13 mana and something really silly for upper end delves. (100% chance to kill in the Boss room of Delve 500 lol). I doubt it’ll see play, but it looks interesting.

2 Likes

10x has to be a placeholder.
We’d be lucky to get a 1:1 boost ratio.

So if the cast remains even without even factoring in boost ratios. It’s still a solid Mythic to get.

2 Likes

You’re not including the base true damage before the boost. So easily 70+ to two different troops based off your example.

1 Like

I was in my own head, but I wasn’t very clear about it in the post. Thanks for clarifying for everyone who is not in my head :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

New mythic looks exciting!

Meanwhile, next week is notable for new troop releases, mostly because it’s new faction week and new legendary week. But lost in the shuffle is probably the best troop of the week: First Mate Axelubber. While he won’t take Tai-Pan’s place on THE red team, his coloration and conversion may enable other possibilities, as he converts the blue gems that tend to be a problem for red-based teams.

Captain Macaw is a bit too dependent on opponent composition at this point to be really good, as the only other troop who submerges foes is Krampus (not a rogue). For now, his niche will be as a decent counter for sunspear/frostmage/tidecaller heroes (and Aquaticus, I guess). His 3rd trait benefits some interesting troops, besides corsair hero, particularly gold-based troops (most notably Egg Thief). He takes blue mana, so he really jives well with corsair, whose level 100 talent also gives rogues 1 magic on 4/5 matches. But corsair doesn’t have stealthy, making it questionable if Macaw gold teams could ever match the thief-Skeleton Key team.

But… the new Mythic could change the equation. Even though Macaw’s tools don’t complement her at all, 50% start alone would make Macaw instantly relevant, even if his spell never gets used.

Finally, at the end of the week we’re getting Werewoods Faction. As it stands now, it’s a contender for having the worst troops of any faction, thanks to the random factor saddled on each troop. Extra points lost for the legendary, Beastmaster Torbern, being the first legendary/mythic troop with a duplicate trait.

Troops with transformation loops do already exist in the game (Umberwolf-Nosferatu-Bat Swarm), and this faction could have done something interesting with the idea. But this implementation, with Torbern having a significant risk of getting stuck in one of the far less useful beast forms on cast, with little chance to switch back, doesn’t seem like one of them. A pity, as we could always use another double-converter.

Really hope Salty shows some changes to this faction on the stream next week. At least a change to Torbern’s third trait, please!

2 Likes

I’ll live with the transform gimmick if they would just fix the 3rd trait.

PS. You forgot to mention its a 5 room pure faction delve with said transform gimmick.

3 Likes

I would expect transform to count against completing a delve without losses?
Talk about ramping up meta-play in order to get maximum benefits.

It counts against completing without losses. It’s not really a big deal though, I don’t suppose anybody really aims to get their no-loss level 500 win with a pure faction team.

2 Likes

So far I haven’t attempted to go anywhere near level 500, but it does mean extra runs also at lower levels for the same purposes.
"Flavor"wise it doesn’t make any sense at all, and the fact that this makes it essentially impossible to do a perfect pure faction runs shows a clash of mechanics that I personally find uncomfortable.

Not really, the next higher level unlocks whenever you win your run, it doesn’t care about teams or losses.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was refering to renown.

It’s really the same. The way I approach is to thread in a pure faction run at certain break points, e.g. at level 100 and 200. So even if I lose a troop, the level 110 or 210 run will recover any renown I missed out on.

5 Likes

Madness Storm ???

Conjure a Madness Storm when my turn begins.

eek that card is hideous…

as data implied, this is likely to be a double-coloured storm (blue + purple).
and dev stream already showed that double-coloured storm will appear in 4.7.5.

1 Like