Spin Me Right ‘Round

The AW situation offends me from a textual interpretation perspective.

(Note that in quoting Lyrian, I’m really just quoting the PQ3 post.)

This is a neat way of describing Mythic exclusivity, but it’s still just not quite correct or what’s been described/communicated in-game, in guides, or historically.

1. Mythic troops are not exclusive to “chests”, as stated – they are exclusive to the specific chests listed in-game and on forum release posts (pre-ninja edit/the end of that exclusivity period) – Glory, Gem, Guild and VIP.

2. The whole, “if you get a Mythic troop from a chest, and the new troop is available from that chest, you WILL always receive that troop” isn’t something I’ve seen written anywhere

This is just not true.

1. The Mythic was deemed exclusive to Glory, Gem, Guild and VIP chests, which was apparently missing the inclusion of Event Chests:

1. So how do we know what Event Chests contain? We click on the general help article for Event Chests, or we read the text below the Event Key button.

IMG_20211018_172625

IMG_20211018_173952
IMG_20211018_173901

What does it tell us they contain? What they normally do. Troops from the weekly Event Kingdom, including the new Mythic, as many have pointed out from this article:

So basically what Snooj said.

The dev team are even aware that some players like to use Event Keys to target particular Mythics:

Even if it was admitted that it might have been unclear (which I think it pretty much was?), I’d be taking any players who have spoken up this far at their word, and saying, “Sorry for the misunderstanding. You’re right, that wasn’t clear. We can roll back all rewards from your Event Key purchases in that period, or we can re-roll each Mythic troop you received to include Arachnean Weaver as a 50-50 possibility/trade any copies of Archproxy Yvendra you received from Event Chests for Arachnean Weaver. What would you like?”

Historical mentions of Mythic exclusivity:

Also just love this:

:heart_eyes: :drooling_face:

Oh and a thoughtful reminder:

Unable to find what these referred to:

These are the closest mentions to what was hinted at that I could find:

• This could potentially imply what was claimed, but:
    • This describes a vague, “current plan”, rather than any kind of official announcement in contrast to…
    • Later posts by Nim and Sirrian, incl. the one at the top of this section, are clearer and repeat the, “exclusive to Glory, Gem, Guild and VIP chests” line, with Event Chests containing “whatever Mythics might be in the event kingdom”
    • This didn’t seem to be in response to any requests from players, although 1-2 did say, “oh that sounds cool!”
    • The context of this is after the very first, 4 Horsemen Mythics, none of whom belonged to an Event-possible Kingdom. There is 0% chance they’d be in Event Keys, so for the next Mythic that was released, there would be no need to clarify that Event Keys would contain their usual Kingdom Mythics.

I’m just not seeing the quoted description of Mythic exclusivity from the PQ3 forum post anywhere, and am seeing later (and therefore one can assume more current and up-to-date) posts and clarifications that state or imply the opposite with regards to Event Chests.

21 Likes