Ooze Line Is It Anyway?

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/ooze-line-is-it-anyway/

You may notice a slight change to our New-Troop Monday news post below!

We’ve removed the flavor text from the post for each new troop (or weapon) BUT we have something cooler coming to replace it on Tuesdays, for anybody interested in stories and lore.
You can read more about it here.
But, to summarize, each week we will run a short story based around that week’s troops in a separate post appearing a bit later after this one. These stories will tie together into a larger story that runs over 3 months.

New Epic Troop: Gelatinous Cube

Gelatinous Cube will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks he will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Legendary Troop: Medea

Medea will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make her way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

Balance Change: Arachnaean Weaver

We have a small change going live in the next 12 hours.
Although we all quite enjoyed the Arachnaean Weaver’s spell, we felt her Mythic Trait was a bit underwhelming, and unfortunately we didn’t have time to get a buff out before she released on Friday.

So you will shortly see:

• Trait trigger chance is increased from 50% to 75%
  • It now summons a Legendary Webspinner instead of an Epic Tomb Spider
Important Note: Karakoth Event Chests

Please Note: Karakoth Event Chests will NOT contain Zuul’Goth.
Although he is a Mythic from Karakoth, he is only intended to be craftable, and NOT in chests.
We’re aware that you need a Mythic Troop to hit Kingdom Power Level 10 though, so we do have another Mythic Troop in the works for Karakoth - no ETA on that though.

Join the Forum!

24 Likes

First?

Yay lore!

1 Like

Troops look great!

Also love the changes to the mythic troop!

Can’t wait to see that

4 Likes

:thinking:
Can’t decide if this is a Buff or a Nerf.

3 Likes

It would be nice to just see the chance at 100%. Similar to skadi and Mab.

Hmm… not sure if summoning something a color block instead of complementary colors and at least some synergy makes it better or worse. Tomb Spider isn’t a very good troop on its own, but its a nice meat shield that usually has its double skull damage condition set up for it and doesn’t block any mana.

Considering over half my teams that attempt to use Weaver for actual synergy run it with Green Slime, they probably aren’t going to work anymore. Back to the drawing board I guess.

10 Likes

“his way…”?

9 Likes

Oh nice! A 2nd Karakoth mythic is planned. Time to never craft Zuul’Goth. XD

12 Likes

Good news! Now they also just need to tweak Webspinner to do bonus skull damage on web as well as poison…

2 Likes

Just curious…if a troop is Webbed AND Entangled will the Gelatin Cube roll twice for Devour chance? The wording of the spell indicates NO but just want to make sure.

Too late to ask to change her Mana color so that she can actually work with the other great mystics and not Mana block each other?

Nevermind… I’m sure it’s intended. :persevere:

8 Likes

probably designed to work with Famine

2 Likes

I was almost sure Succubus and Inccubus were Daemon-Mystic and not simply Daemon…

Yep Famine gets both Barrier and Enchant :+1:t2:

Edit: Famine is the only Daemon mystic

Oh hush you, I fixed it. <3

9 Likes

It appears that the new Legendary troop can “do bad all by herself.” :wink:

A thousand pardons, please.

2 Likes

With the release of this Legendary, I’ll re state that Hero’s should be dual type.

Sorcerer is pertfectly suited as a Daemon/Mystic. :wink::+1:t2:

Edit: Also, when is Karakoth re work due? Abhorath needs some love.

2 Likes

The longer I think about this, the more I realize this is actually a nerf to the Weaver. 50% was low, but if it triggered it would turn a loss into a win, because the synergy with the summon was spot on.

Tomb Spider:

1. Two different colors
  2. Comes already doing double skull damage
  3. Only 12 mana to cast
  4. Has great affixes if it gets to cast (Hunter’s Mark + double skull damage on Web… on sometimes Death Mark too!)

Webspinner

1. Blocks 1 color
  2. Has no synergy
  3. Takes 16 mana to cast
  4. Poison is a weak trait… and useless to cast more than once

I would’ve been much happier to have just made it 100% chance to summon the troop and keep the Tomb Spider. I even would be happier to have 75% and the Tomb Spider.

Heck, just a 75% chance to add the Webspinner’s life and armor to the top troop would be a better effect.

Edit to add: And at level 20, the Tomb Spider has 1 more Attack than the Webspinner too! (Life is less by 3 and Armor is less by 4)

17 Likes

I’m only here to say that I LOVE(D) Who’s Line is it Anyways.

1 Like