Ooze Line Is It Anyway?

Yep they should add poison all to Weavers spell as well as the web all.

3 Likes

That would totally work and be worth the color blocking. Great idea!

Or, how about making the third trait “when an enemy dies, poison a random enemy and 75% chance to summon Webspinner”

1 Like

Poison all enemies would be better. Maybe worthy of a mythic trait. A super situational one, albeit

Euryali already has this as her third trait.
Poison Gaze: Poison all enemies on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

Unless you were suggesting when an enemy dies poison all enemies?

3 Likes

Yeah when an enemy dies. I was elaborating on the post above

1 Like

I agree poison all enemies would be a more powerful trait, but I don’t immediately I agree it would be better game design. The goal isn’t to make Arachnaean Weaver super powerful, the goal is to make it an interesting and useful troop. This involves balancing the spell with the colors, with the kingdom/troop types, and with the traits.

If we want to have it summon a Webspinner with the trait, then we want to balance the strengths and weaknesses of that summon appropriately with the Weaver’s strengths and weaknesses. In this case, we have concerns about the color clash between the two, so we want to find a way to make them have a positive interaction to counter that. Poisoning is great for an interaction with the Webspinner’s trait, and also provides Weaver with some positive result if Weaver has a full team and can’t summon (or lands in the 25% missed chance).

Okay, so let’s brainstorm some of the types of poison triggers we could have. In fact, your comment got me thinking about some others, so let’s look at: one random, all, first enemy, last enemy.

One random

1. Can poison any troop, so if Weaver, say, kills two troops with its spell, you might be able to poison both remaining troops off of both triggers (50/50 chance)
  2. Doesn’t guarantee the Webspinner will get a damage bonus
  3. Means the Webspinner’s spell effect still might have some utility
  4. Since poison is true damage, you have a chance that the next Weaver cast will be more likely to kill a troop if one of the bottom two got poisoned

All

1. Poisons all troops (clearly most powerful)
  2. Guarantees the Webspinner will get a damage bonus
  3. Means the Webspinner’s spell effect is useless
  4. Since poison is true damage, you have a chance that the next Weaver cast will be more likely to kill a troop because the bottom troops are poisoned

First troop

1. Only can poison one troop, meaning if Weaver killed two troops with its spell, you don’t get a chance to poison both remaining troops off one trigger
  2. Guarantees the Webspinner will get a damage bonus
  4. Since poison is true damage, you have a chance that the next Weaver cast will be more likely to kill a troop, but only if there are one or two troops remaining

Last troop

1. Only can poison one troop, meaning if Weaver killed two troops with its spell, you don’t get a chance to poison both remaining troops off one trigger
  2. Guarantees the Webspinner will not get a damage bonus, unless it’s the last troop remaining
  4. Since poison is true damage, you have a chance that the next Weaver cast will be more likely to kill a troop because the bottom troop is poisoned

Okay, so all of these ideas have some interesting interactions and potential gains and drawbacks from a game design perspective. Me personally, I’m not a fan with blanking the Webspinner’s spell completely with the trait, but I guess I don’t which idea I like best.

However, I do like all of these ideas better than the current proposal with just the Webspinner summoning, for the reasons outlined in previous comments.

So why putting Zuul’Goth in Karakoth better than Apocalypse?

2 Likes

I would have preferred Weaver’s final trait to be something like “gain 1 magic on 4-5 match” or variation thereof.

Unfortunately with the current gem spawning algorithm (PS4 version anyway), troops that throw gems are completely 100% useless. They will checkerboard and just give the AI mana. I love the concept and wish it was a random throw, but they are useless. Summoning Webspinner is largely a nerf in my opinion.

1 Like

I agree that Tomb Spider makes a better summon for Weaver than Webspinner. However, that isn’t my main gripe with this change.

The random summon is difficult to work with. End of story. We get plenty of legendary or mythic traits that are just… very constant. Predictable. Reliable. Take Infernus, or Death, or Draakulis. We know what its going to do and we know when its going to do it. Having a conditional summon with a random chance of even functioning if that condition is met … its just not very good for strategy.

And… 75% is arguably worse than 50%. Because it makes us think that this is supposed to work most of the time, and when it doesn’t work it really sucks. I pity those who have to use Dimetraxia to burn the enemy team with her 75% chance. That sort of thing.

I would prefer a 100% chance to summon a Tomb Spider. Or hell even a lesser summon than a Tomb Spider. Maybe summon a Giant Spider, poorer synergy be damned. I like consistency, I’m sure others do too.

(I similarly think that Keeper of Souls and Kerberos have pretty wasted legendary traits, obviously.)

9 Likes

Pretty sure the old guard have gotten on this soap box before. Random chance makes for defense-oriented troops, because the AI doesn’t care about strategy like the player does.

1 Like

Yay for new stuff. New legendary would be great if she was different colours.

1 Like

I love Medea’s tattoos. That is all. :heart:

4 Likes

no event this week ??
restart and black screen continues. ps4

Heads up, it’s taking some time for our events to refresh. Please relax, they will be in-game soon.

2 Likes

If I relax anymore, I’ll turn into a Gelatinous Cube.
Also, this had to be done.

4 Likes

lol nice edit

1 Like

Got the new Legendary for 94 event keys! So she’s there for the PC/mobile. Good luck, guys!

2 Likes

Congratulations

Only 7 event keys for the new legendary, think I’ll buy myself a lottery ticket whilst I’m at it :+1:

3 Likes