Ooze Line Is It Anyway?

So, the new troop is, more or less, a giant hunk of Jello? Well, thats… I… Okay then. Haha.

When I suggested we make more inanimate objects into troops and pets (like Rocki), I meant like that pet rope idea someone had. I wasn’t thinking living Jello, but alrighty then. It is interesting, I’ll give it that. Lol.

1 Like

Gelatinous Cube is somewhat of a staple for the Dungeon Crawling- fantasy genre. I’ve faced a few frights playing D&D and running into them and their acidic anatomy. I think they did very well with their Gem interpretation of it.

5 Likes

Oh! So, they lifted this from fantasy stuff like the Mimic (chest) troop? Well, thats kind of cool. I don’t really play much D&D or Dungeon Crawlers and the ones I did never had a hunk of Jello in them. Haha. Now that I know what it’s about, I get it. It is pretty cool.

You have to admit, though, for someone like me that had no idea what this thing was from, that a giant hunk of Jello was a weird troop, even for a game like this. Lol.

Thanks for telling me though. I appreciate it. As they say: You learn something new every day. Haha

Edit: Now that I understand this cool cube guy, can we get a Gelatinous Cube pet in the future @Saltypatra? Pretty please xD

1 Like

You’re telling me that THIS does not invoke FEAR from you?!

In all seriousness though, I completely understand where you’re coming from. I merely meant it for informational purposes, not to scold you for not being nerdy enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Making Weaver better? i already love him, so much i was working on stones to trait tomb spider, Webspinner is much better and synergises better with weaver, as much as poison is a bit pants. very happy

No, no. You gotta do that Lime Jello. That’ll strike fear into the hearts of millions. Lol.

I figured you weren’t “scolding” me. I promise, I take no offense. I, actually, quite appreciate the info.

As for not being “nerdy enough”, I’m quite nerdy, but things like D&D aren’t my forté. I’m more your Marvel and DC kind of nerd. With a bit of anime and games like Assassin’s Creed, Darksiders , and Zelda mixed in. But, I never really got into things like WoW, FF, D&D, etc. I like some fantasy stuff, I just can’t embrace it all. In short, I’m picky. Lol.

1 Like

200 Event Keys.

6 Likes

Very true. It is actually more of an issue. Not only is there a partial colour block, but there is also all the other points you raise, plus 9 green gems spawned by Webspinner. Those green gems take other colour off the board. Yes you feed him, but then if you fill him and cast him, you are back where you started with less colours to fill the weaver. Unless you get exceptionally lucky and double fill Webspinner with a cast and can fill Weaver, or you can loop, you are basically in possibly a worse situation. Ok you got a kill and an explosion, but you are stopping 1/3rd of the gems going the way of Weaver at same time now, as you mention.

Bit of a puzzling choice.

2 Likes

I think I know now one of the reasons why Gelatinous Cube is changed from Purple/Green to Purple/Yellow. Pairing it with Yasmine’s Chosen is an amazing combo. Because Gelatinous Cube don’t use green, Yasmine’s Chosen can loop with no mana-block and entangle everyone for upcoming devour!

This is my PvP defense team this week.

Screenshot_2018-08-06-21-57-51-1-1

2 middle troops could be changed to something better. I choose Medea because she’s new, and Wall of Oblivion because I’m stubborn to always bring hero in for some reason, and perfect color coverage. Also, all of them is purple for event points! ^^

The better troops would be Mercy pairing with some Skull-creator troops. If you’re lucky, Mercy can fill Gelatinous Cube on first turn, some green cascade might happen, then you got 50% chance to devour one random entangled troop! Now just looping mercy and skull-spam everything in sight,
It’s like semi-Kerberos!!

2 Likes

Fifty event keys

1 Like

You should fear the ones with high-level classes like the Swashbuckler Gelatinous Cube:
From the comic: Level 1: Title – Rusty & Co.

2 Likes

Gelantious? :stuck_out_tongue:

The scariest of all Gelatinous Cubes are the transparent ones. Nothing strikes fear into the heart of an adventuring party quite like walking down a narrow corridor and just seeing various items and bodies just floating in the air ahead of them…

5 Likes

Yes, the team draws inspiration from other culture and genres quite often. If something isn’t immediately obvious you can be sure Sirrian or Nim are referencing something… :thinking:

1 Like

Sometimes things are not quite obvious to everyone. For example: How many people have ever pondered that Alchemist transforms any gems into Yellow because the most themed/traditional challenge of an alchemist involves transmuting materials (like lead) into gold? When you consider this you see that Alchemist is Red/Brown (fire and earth metals like lead) you see how things are deeply themed in some cases. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I mean! I hope it didn’t sound rude :scream: scrambles for more coffee

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I just meant that sometimes people don’t pay much attention to details and some troops are quite rich in this sense when you take some time to think about it. You weren’t rude.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I confuse me too sometimes. It don’t be like it is but it do.

1 Like

Dhrak-Zum Ice Jelly

11 Likes

x7 copies of Medea: On console that is x4 (or there abouts). I got x11 and ended up with x6 in my inventory. I whish that would fix that issue already. It gets my shenanigans suspicion up.

1 Like