Something is off with underspire. Highest level room no longer leading to door

So just started underspire. Ive not touched it in weeks. Normally the highest level room always leads to the door. Well…first floor ive had multiple level 14 rooms, multiple level 19 rooms. Now ive got all these done and a level 14 room is lef.

In short, theyve changed something behind our backs with underspire to make it more random

Ok the next floor followed that rule. Not sure why the first was like that

They have changed nothing.
In area 1 (when all rooms are still low level) this has been known to happen since forever.
This is, mind you, an extremely rare occurence so somebody who who hasn’t seen or heard about it before might jump to conclusions about foul play.

3 Likes

Yeah ive not heard about that. Ok

I take it no one has cracked the code on a surefire way to find the boss still?

Pretty sure there isn’t a surefire way to identify boss path. The only indicator I find reliable is that the 4th room on way to boss is almost never a split, and there is almost always a split within one of first three rooms to boss.

So if you do two rooms with no split, and can see next one has no split, it’s probably not the path to boss.

5 Likes

first zone levels are too low, and lvl increase is % based, and further rounding down leads to this issue.

1 Like

This is unfortunately the best we’ve got, based on community data.

2 Likes

merchant is the worst hint, 90% for me merchant and dragon are on different branches

1 Like

Ever since sentinels became a thing, I no longer care about discovering the path to the boss and completing the entire map only by finding boss battles and keystones. I’m searching through all corridors to make sure I play all guardian battles every week, so it doesn’t matter even one bit if I find the guardian battles first, or the boss first. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

What I wanted to say - even if there is a more reliable way to tell which path to take, the community practically stopped tracking the paths, because it no longer matters, in the greater picture of things.

1 Like

Wait do the sentinels count as guardian battles for season

No, why would they? Underspire isn’t PvP. I’m just hunting the sentinels :sweat_smile:

The highest level thing is only a tendency, not a rule. So it’s rare but sometimes you just gotta find it the hard way.

You’re misreading it, that tip is actually close to 100% consistent. It’s a merchant room 5 off the main path, not 6 - ie one room closer than you’d expect. When that happens, the boss is usually on another branch of the same path.

1 Like

oh indeed I do. Will check it out further.

1 Like