Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

Me too! Also I thought there was going to be new kingdom!

New kingdom is scheduled for a week after patch release I believe.

I tried everything nothing worked, i keep saying it’s not normal usually when update is release i get it after 30 min now it’s
Been over 2h and still nothing

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but @Sirrian and @Saltypatra, shouldn’t the final blue tasks be 50/100/200 = 350 gems? That would be the equivalent of the gem keys in red tasks. I thought the whole point of the tasks was that they were supposed to be roughly equivalent in value? For us non-VIP 5+ players, this is actually a nerf. Many of us would rather have 35 Gem Keys than 250 gems (probably not on the forums where the most hardcore are, but in the playerbase at large at least).

1 Like

I would rather is the problem with your statement! It’s not about what you would rather have! No offense but it’s not about you!

You guys already nerfed the gold when you implemented 4x now you’re nerfing again. Why does it always seem like the players who get the shaft when you make a decision?

Yes, I’m mad as hell that you people are ruining the game I love

2 Likes

@sirrian Thank you for once again showing you listen to your community. These adjustments are fair.

And a special thank you for making diamonds guaranteed from Dungeons.

Some simple math to help explain why I’m ok with 390 gems /week.

50 gem bounty x 7= 350
Sentinels to lvl 3 = 40

That means we are being provided enough to break even each week BEFORE tributes and GW rewards!

Is it the same rate? Of course not but at least PROGRESS can be made each week rather than each week being a loss of gems.

Keep your chins up and Gems on!

:wink:

7 Likes

This is great if you don’t want to save gems for VIP chests…which just got a lot harder to do.

5 Likes

I’m pretty unhappy with the whole situation, giving us some of the gems back is only part of the issue.

Most serious players have spent way over 100$ in your game to get the VIP chests available and this all gem situation impact us the most.

You also added an almost mandatory 50 gems / day purchase in the dugeon if we want to advance on the new crafting system plus the sentinels in the guild war tab, further increasing the gem sink.

The last legendary task my guild completed awarded 6 arcane traitstones, 1 gem key and 1 event key, this really feels like a bad joke for 1 000 000 gold.

I hope you will make another gold sink option that is more rewarding in the future because I will personally keep my gold and not spend it in the legendary tasks for these crappy rewards anymore.

Almost everyone is also unhappy about the IA “fixes” that render the game way less fun to play.

Hoping for drastic changes soon if you want to keep me and a lot of others I know playing your game.

Love the way people feel they’re entitled to all kinds of special benefits just because they’ve thrown money at a game they’ve spent hundreds or thousands of hours enjoying. Pretty sure no VIP player has spent more on GoW than they have for any other form of entertainment for an equivalent number of hours of fun.

I think people need to keep it in perspective that their VIP rewards are pretty much a thank you for supporting the game that they’re already enjoying for huge numbers of hours. Perhaps people should appreciate that the game is even here to enjoy in the first place. Otherwise can go spend your $10+ for a whopping 2 hours of movie enjoyment or your $50+ for a 3 hour concert.

I appreciate the few perks I get for being a VIP player but my intention was always to DONATE cash as an appreciation of time well spent doing something I enjoyed because I wanted to continue to be able to enjoy it.

If you don’t want to DONATE more then don’t. But if you refute the fact that you’ve received a highly disproportionate amount of enjoyment for what you’ve paid into it, then you’re kidding yourself & may as well quit while your ahead.

REALLY get tired of all the complaining some people on the forums do. Perhaps they should find a pay-to-win game to go play and leave GoW to those who can appreciate it… (Ninja edit!)

As always, thanks @Sirrian @Saltypatra and the rest of the dev team for too many hours of enjoyment.

9 Likes

The AI is much better IMO much harder the kill.
I love it, I didn’t see the issue.

3 Likes

The saving of gems WILL be harder/longer, no pun intended, but it at least CAN happen now.

It is not what it was but it’s much better…

This brings me back to my OLD argument that Guilds in Bracket 2, TWO!!!, only earn 200 gems for winning that bracket OR for coming in last. Still 200 gems.

Yet Bracket 1 winner takes 1500 gems!? I would love to see a better distribution of gems over all brackets. With a clear difference from 1-10 within each Bracket.

But that has been discussed ad naseum and is off topic. :wink:

2 Likes

Whoa. A new dev thread and 171 posts while I was sleeping. Damnit, not reading all that… OP sounds like all good news. Cascades and RNG need looking at, seriously. Did anyone comment on balance issues with a few over-used troops? And are we getting protection from mana drain any time? Perhaps we need a new @nimhain’s lair…

3 Likes

Gems everywhere: GEMS of War…GEM on dev icons…
BUT NOT IN GAME

3 Likes

Thank you, @Sirrian and the dev team, for turning around on this feedback quickly. I know not everyone will be happy, but I take comfort in knowing you are hearing and acting on the most pressing issues.

11 Likes

Some players believe that the “business model” (not the good term) is to pay enough to be VIP 5 and then with free gems, open VIP chests…
The obvious issue is that these players will never give any dollars anymore.

I will also prefer that they propose more arcane/visual/mythic packs. But for reasons, they cannot/don’t add new packs (my guess is that it’s out-of-their-control… cough cough publisher).

So yeah you gave dollars to be VIP 5 and now if you want that much to open VIP chests, give them more dollars. This game is a F2P and they need to make dollars.

4 Likes

You’re missing the part about where people who paid to get up to VIP 5 have been able to save up enough Gems through normal gameplay to be able to buy some VIP chests on an acceptable basis (at least one 50-pack per Mythic release for an active player). That is no longer possible, and the Gem packs that are for sale are disgustingly overpriced.

Right now, it costs the equivalent of $130 to buy enough gems to open a 50-pack of VIP chests. For reference, it costs $130 to get to VIP 5 in the first place!

The solution isn’t “buy gems and spend them on VIP chests”, the solution is make Gem packs a reasonable price and they’ll see more purchases naturally, and then they don’t have to nerf the daylights out of the players’ ability to earn Gems.

If the packs had been at legitimate price points already this would have never been a problem.

Let’s not forget, spending money means you approve of the direction the game is taking. I stopped spending when I started disagreeing with the changes. Saying what amounts to “If you don’t like the changes, ignore what you don’t like, and just throw money at it to make it better” is silly.

I won’t pay for a meal that is cooked improperly in a restaurant, either, but I will give the staff the chance to make it right and not just throw a tantrum and walk out the door. While some tempers have flared over the changes, I think the forum population as a whole has been rational and articulate about what they consider unfair and why. If the “cooks” don’t want to fix what was brought to the table, the customers aren’t required to pay for the meal. If you serve enough bad meals, you end up with an empty restaurant.

18 Likes

I spent month grinding without VIP chests in top guilds to get all in all 3 mythics, this game is a grind and if you fool yourself to believe that acceding VIP chests is not pay to win you are delusional,

All the players I know who did not spent money in this game have way less troops, that’s a fact,

While I don’t have anything against the fact that this game has microtransactions that can benefit players I have a problem when all of a sudden this benefit is halved.

There is no perfect way to do microtransactions and there are way worst way to do it. Devellopers have to earn money at the end of the month an I am more than happy to help them.

Note that it takes over 100$ to get the VIP chests activate and in the video game industry this equate to a lot of hours of gaming considering the prices of games (especially on PC).

While I did enjoy the game and, up to this point, was pretty happy about it I do also intend to have my piece out when I don’t anymore because, believe it or not, I don’t consider myself as a donator but really as a customer.

2 Likes

Huh, gee, what a shocker. The AI changes on PC/mobile, people flip out over it, and the devs immediately promise they’re going to work on it more.

But on console, oh no, we had to just suck it up and deal with that for the better of a year. What a joke.

7 Likes

I still don’t get why gems were replaced with gem keys in the guild tasks. I haven’t read a good reason. I don’t buy the good intentions as long as you are circling around it.

And 250 extra is a joke.

3 Likes