"Dear Gems of War Community,
We heard you loud and clear in regards to all the feedback related to the 3.1 update. While many of you were excited about the new features and game modes, quite a few of you expressed concerns regarding some of the changes that were implemented in this update.
The biggest concerns we heard voiced were:
- The random chance of receiving diamonds after dungeon battles, as opposed to a fixed reward
- The length of time needed to acquire diamonds without purchasing gem packs for money
- The reduction in guild task rewards and legendary guild task rewards
- The dungeon bosses are too easy
We have listened to your concerns and believe we have struck a balance with some upcoming changes that help address each of these points while still ensuring that the game remains profitable by not allowing too much progression too fast, which would discourage purchases (which, after all, is paying for the team’s salaries to continue to bring weekly content to the game!)
The changes we have implemented are as follows:
- 10 Diamonds are now guaranteed drops for a victory in each of the three daily dungeon matches. This both satisfies the concerns about the RNG-aspect of the drop, as well as a slight increases the amount of gems you would have gotten, on average, under the old system.
- Diamonds and other crafting materials have now been added as a potential reward for daily tasks, treasure hunt, and gem and VIP chests.
- We have reverted guild task rewards back to what they were before the update
- Legendary task rewards have been changed to grant slightly more now, averaging to about 10% less rewards than what it was before the update (changed from about 16% less rewards)
- Dungeon battles now allow for you to select a difficulty modifier. While your crafting material rewards remain the same at all difficulties, gold, soul, and experience bonuses will scale with difficulty
- Dungeon battles are now repeatable after you complete your initial three fights, but you will not get crafting material rewards for any fights after the initial three in a given day
- Various crafting materials have been added to the daily rewards at specified VIP levels
Obligatory disclaimer: Yes, I made this entire thing up and it’s not official at all. But, I think this would get a very positive response if all of these changes were made. Feel free to copy/paste the entire thing as an official response!