What's next for gems of war!

Migrating this post over in case anyone wants to reference back to it.

Hey Adventurers!

I thought I’d share a few bits and pieces today about what we’re up to currently. We’re continuing on with weekly content but we’ve been also been working away on a couple of major things quietly.

First off is of course, the next major patch! At a broad level, we’ve been revisiting various parts of Gems of War to help it keep pace with the ever expanding content of the game. I’m sure a bunch of you are asking ‘So does that mean new guild features?’, and while there might be a little addition to guilds, we’ve opted to focus on some aspects of the game the affect absolutely everyone. I won’t be drilling down into the details until we have everything locked down (Sorry gang!), but expect improvements across a variety of aspects of the game :simple_smile:
That’s still a good while away, but I wanted to give you the heads up that it’s coming!

We’re also aiming to expand our range of compatible Android devices next update, as I know a few of you have found your devices are incompatible. Unfortunately sometime’s it’s not just a matter of raw power, but also hardware combinations. The good news is that we’ve identified most of the problems that currently exist, and will aim to have them resolved next update.

Next! A brand new Kingdom is on its way, with new quests, troops, and challenges! Huzzah!! Keep an eye out on the blog for more details, but that’ll be with you sooner rather than later.

And lastly, a new forum is coming! This has been overdue for a while now, and I’ve been chipping away at this as my little pet project. I think you will really like it!
While the new forum will do everything you’d expect the current forum to do, some big additional features are:
-An exceedingly better post creator and editor.
-Real user profiles, with the ability to make them look pretty rad.
-The ability to create wiki style posts, for those of you who want to team up and work on guides together.
-Achievements, do awesome things and help your fellow forum goers, and you can unlock these.
-And more!

We’ll be switching this on at the same time as the new Kingdom, since we figure there will be a lot to talk about around that time.
Now the important thing – Due to a variety of fun technical reasons, there won’t be a migration from the old forum and the new forum. This means that when the time comes, you’ll need to create a new account, and transfer any content across that you wish to keep. We’ll be shutting down these current forums, but will leave them available in archive mode for a little while so you can grab anything you need after the fact.

As a little bonus, I’ll organize a small amount of gems for players who get some awesome guides on there is the first week!

OKAY, big post, but I think that’s all from me for now. As we get closer to the new forum launching, I’ll post a reminder that this is impending!

Thanks everyone, hope you’re all excited!

1 Like