Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

Personally, I feel like this is closing the barn door after all of the horses have already escaped.

Gems of War has been around for 2+ years to the best of my knowledge. You have had people playing since Day 1 who have the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, who have every Mythic (save for one or two that have come out since), etc. al. That was the Fat Cat economy.

Some guilds have formed that have every single land at level 10, and 5 stars. Those members will play PvP to gain more gold to dump into Legendary Tasks (something that rolled out in the last 9 months, if I am not mistaken.) I know that Anonymous had at least a 150-LT week, and then less than 3 weeks later, another 100-LT week back when it was a Good Gem Experience.

Now, you have newer players out there. Those that don’t have the Mythics (I know I’m missing several)- and because of the gem nerf, you’re punishing them. And the rest of us.

Now, you had a massive cutback in Gems- 75% from the Guild Tasks, no Gems in the Legendary Task pool- and you’ve made an appeasement to the masses by saying, “Oh, 75% was too drastic, we’ll give some of those Gems back.” No mention of Gems being placed back into the Legendary Tasks.

Now, I’ve seen a lot of things in my time playing- and I have to say, this is NOT the game that I knew anymore. Having VIP 8 on the PS4, and VIP 7 on the PC/Mobile version, I’ve paid into your “Free To Play”, and now it’s turning into a “Fee To Play and Compete”. No more.

– Tranimo

13 Likes

Not really sure if the first statement is correct, it clearly needs some evidence. I was thinking about forum poll but that would represent only those who are active on the forum and who can understand rudimentary English, not necessarily the whole active player base.

For me, the game has to have some intellectual component, it is a must. While the impact of this component is gradually diminishing over recent updates, so is my interest.

And collecting virtual cards? No, really? This is not very attractive to me at all. There are about half of the cards I have that I still have not even tried to use in PvP, there is more than enough contents to explore. make the common and rare teams, try various unrevealed synergies, etc etc. There is attractive mystery and challenge component in this. I take that over collector obsession any time.

2 Likes

This update was and still is nothing but a cash grab. There is absolutely no reason that the developers couldn’t have just upped the price of legendary task to something like1.5 million and left the gems in them.

3 Likes

Why not make them all avalaible?? We need 4000 diamond for each i doubt someone will craft them all the same day :slight_smile:

8 Likes

For that matter why not make ALL troops craftable?
It’s C-R-A-F-T-I-N-G!!
It’s called the Soul FORGE!

steps onto soapbox

No blacksmith I know, and I know at least one, has ever fired up their forge and said let me see what comes out today!

Why the mandatory nod to RNGesus with these summoning stones?

Crafting was supposed to be the one sacred, protected, spot where RNGesus had no control… at least, IMHO. :wink:

steps down from soapbox

6 Likes

I like the suggestion someone made recently about just allowing the summoning stones to be used directly from the regular troop screen. UI space problem solved.

5 Likes

This x1000. I wish I could “like” this post more than once.

I am a collector. If the game I’m playing has some kind of completionist aspect to it, that’s where my attention tends to focus.

Counting the new craft-only Mythic troop, I am missing 6 Mythics. Getting Yasmine’s Chosen wiped out 3 months worth of meticulously-saved resources, so I have zero buffer against future bad luck, and now with the nerfed state of Gems it’s entirely possible that when October’s troop is released I won’t even be able to try a single VIP pull (nevermind the 5 VIP pulls it took to get this month’s Mythic).

Every new Mythic I miss out on is one more added to the ever-growing backlog. I haven’t seen the new crafting numbers yet, but if I am able to craft a Mythic every 3-4 months, and during that time I’ve missed out on half of the new releases, the hill is getting exponentially taller. I am getting exponentially further behind.

To a collector, that is a game-breaker.

Pretty much. This change is going to harm those swimming in resources with maxed troop collections a lot less than it’s going to harm the average player, and the newer players have it the absolute worst of all.

If this was my 2nd month of play, and I was staring at it being this hard to get Mythics, I’d have quit in frustration.

8 Likes

I didn’t agree with your suggestion initially, but I am struggling to understand Sirrian et al’s reasoning. It makes sense to have only a few mythic troops available if acquiring resources takes roughly as long as the changeover interval. Last I saw, though, it was at least two months to acquire enough diamonds to craft a mythic. Since it takes so long to build up 4,000 diamonds, you need to prioritize which troop you want the most. Which might mean sitting on a stash for additional months instead of spending your diamonds, lest you be locked out of your ideal troop after crafting your second choice. But now we are looking at four(!) months without crafting a troop, enough time to get us to 3.2 without having used the defining feature of 3.1! Given the amount of time it takes to get 4,000 diamonds, I don’t know why it’s also necessary to limit crafting to only a handful of troops at the legendary/mythic tiers.

Edit to add: I assume there was reasoning behind all of these choices. The developers are a seasoned bunch, and they have access to a lot more information and sources of pressure than we do. So we may not be able to figure out why some decisions were made without input from Infinify+2. I am loathe to chalk any of these recent moves to “didn’t think it through”.

5 Likes

Er… i have just done the three Dungeons on the Xbox and it is still RNG for Diamonds and i got nothing for first two battles?

When is this new update coming out? We are losing diamonds here!!!

2 Likes

They said next week on pc and no idea about console, i hope it’s the same cause 0/6 diamond here

I am also noticing some really odd stats on troops.

My Justice is fully traited, my kingdoms are all lvl 5, we have done all our guild basic tasks, and i just checked in a pvp ranked battle and the other guys was using a non mythic Justice and it said that when cast all allies gain 14 life boosted by frozen enemies.

MIne says 11 ???

You should have more than 11. Justice is " [(Magic / 2) + 1]" in scaling, and with all kingdoms at PL5 you should have 10 Magic + Justice’s built-in 10 Magic. That alone is 11, and if you are getting the +2 Magic boost from guild statues, you should be at 12.

Perhaps a team bonus or Blessed/Cursed are at play.

1 Like

Then something is wrong my end?
How did his say 14 though and it was legendary without fully traited.

Silverglade is ony 4 star i just noticed. Will that be it?

@Lyya is right im at 12

Without a screenshot, your guess is as good as mine. Mid-combat, Magic is volatile and will depend on which troops have cast/which traits have triggered.

That would explain why you’re at 11, yes (since that’s one less Magic and the calculations round down).

Thank you my friend. I just cant get that blasted kingdom to 5 stars lol!

Still does not account for his 14 though on cast.

Well they need to fix it by next re-set. As Salty said we will be getting more Gems back on Console.

You didnt get any Diamonds for all three battles?

Nope 0 yesterday and 0 today that’s my luck

1 Like