The ability to sort and filter troops / weapons is much appreciated, and I think that condensing Invade / Defend into one section for PvP improves clarity. However, I would like to make a few suggestions:
- The ability to invert sorts would be helpful. For example, sorting troops by their rarity, but with Common troops at the top (maybe to see what one could get as Arena picks?). Highest first is an understandable default, but inverting would be nice and also allow condensing the two “Name” sorts into just “Alphabetical”.
- The ability to apply multiple sorts at once would be useful, but probably more complicated. For example, take “sort by level” and then “sort by rarity” to bring one’s maxed Legendary troops to the top, followed by other Legendary troops in descending level order, followed by maxed Epic troops, …
- Sorting by amount of mana used would be nice (to look for a troop that fills up quickly, say).
- Armor should be consistently referred to as “Armor” or “Defense”. Having one in the sort list and the other in troop descriptions is confusing.
- The “Hero” in the “Troops” section should be renamed to “Weapon” or “Hero Weapon”, because that’s really what it acts on. (This would also make the reason that it’s not in the “Hero” section much clearer.)
- Having the banners with their troop lineups beside the display of all the troops one has can be useful to see the context of a lineup while inserting a troop, but it’s also really cramped. There’s no room to display a team bonus until one clicks on a card to see details of that troop, most of the banners aren’t visible at any one time, and the banner section is just taking up space if one wants to focus on one’s troops (to disenchant or see what troops one’s missing). I suggest having the option to focus on a team (removing the view of other troops in favor of showing more details about the team and its bonuses at a glance, plus the other banners to swap between teams while staying in that view) and the option to focus on one’s available troops (removing the team view to leave room for showing more troops at once). These are definitely somewhat analogous to the old team and troop screens, but those were useful!
- This would be less useful for weapons, but it might be convenient and easy to implement to have the option for both, at least when scrolling through one’s weapon options to remind oneself of what’s available.
- The troop / weapon cards are now too small to read clearly without clicking on them to enlarge, at least in my experience, even while playing in full screen (which I usually don’t do). Having a toggleable option to enlarge the cards in the list display would be very helpful - for now I’ve had to resort to clicking on every card. (Actually writing “Human” / “Undead” / … rather than using symbols with no explanation is much appreciated though.)
- Speaking of toggleable options, the ability to change the speed of animations for gems dropping and attacking via skulls would be nice. Right now it feels both too fast and odd because the gem movement animation (even for the AI) is slower, leading to the feeling that everything suddenly speeds up after a match is made.
- While I’m glad that maxing out a troop’s level no longer removes the visual indicator of its rarity, the visual indicator of “this troop cannot be levelled further” is also useful (when considering what troops to level as an investment in future teams vs. whatever Souls will be used for in future, etc.). Perhaps recoloring the star above the level on a troop card would work as a new indicator?
- It would also be convenient to have a visual indicator of the (rough) level of each enemy troop at a glance. (I tend to click on every enemy troop and read through its card at the beginning of a battle, but I’m sure not everyone does.) Possibly a different border style depending on the troop level? (Which would also get applied to allied troops for consistency and ease of implementation.)
Having said all that, I appreciate your work on the game and that you’re trying to improve it for all of us.