Solar Power

Originally published at: Solar Power – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Patience Patience will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Ultra-Rare Troop: Solari The Solari will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in…

With that name I thought it was another Guild Guardian troop.

2 Likes

With that name it should also be a troop that adds +1 to all skills on a given color every turn. Still need one of those for green.

1 Like

About time we had more people of color in Gems.

2 Likes

From the Solari spell description:
“Give all other Allies one quarter of their Mana. Then deal 21 damage to an Enemy. If they are Undead, Curse and Death Mark them.”

Just from reading this, I have no way to tell, who these status effects are applied to. Allies, Enemy or both? Want to rephrase it?

[Edit:] Also the magic stat has no influence on the damage value or anything, but isn’t zero. Looks like an oversight.

2 Likes

New troops spell casts death mark on all undead enemies. Sounds great, except literally every undead troop in the game is immune to death mark. All 65 of them. Do the devs even play their game?

4 Likes

It also Curses them. When a troop is Cursed, its Status Immunities are ignored, which allows for a Death Mark on Undead enemies.

5 Likes

(Most?) Undead enemies can still be stunned or cursed, which lifts the immunity.

It curses and then deathmarks so it does work. I tested it to confirm.

1 Like

Gotcha redi. Didn’t consider the curse portion of the spell. Apparently it is I who doesn’t play the game. Oops.

14 Likes

In some cases curse is applied after deathmark so it had to be considered. EoE for example only does 1 effect after curse (bleed) so it was reasonable to think depending on how they implemented it that it could be deathmark and then curse instead.

3 Likes

Spell Description: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an Enemy. If they are Undead, Curse and Death Mark them. Then give all other Allies one quarter of their Mana.

to

Spell Description: Give all other Allies one quarter of their Mana. Then deal 21 damage to an Enemy. If they are Undead, Curse and Death Mark them.

Its strange because the Magic + x value was changed several times before release.

3 Likes

I think the changed text was an improvement, makes it clearer that the mana gain is not dependent on there being any undead enemies.