Solar Power

Originally published at: Solar Power – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: S.O.L.A.R The S.O.L.A.R will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: Shooting Stars There are 5 battles that players can encounter during the event: S.O.L.A.R, P4-NTH4, Carnex, DRACOS…

• [Ultra-rare, 5 Points] S.O.L.A.R: 5 Machine Parts
  • [Epic, 10 Points] P4-NTH4: 10 Machine Parts
  • [Legendary, 14 Points] Carnex: 4 Machine Parts and 1 Broken Switch
  • [Legendary, 16 Points] DRACOS 1337: 6 Machine Parts and 1 Broken Switch
  • [Mythic, 22 Points] TINA-9000: 2 Machine Parts and 2 Broken Switches

Always choose higher rarity, and Dracos over Carnex.

|  SOLAR   |  P4NTH4  |  Carnex  |  DRACOS  |  TINA    |
|------ Round 1: 2 battles ------|
   ^               v
   |       |------ Round 2: 2 battles ------|
   |                          v
   | (restart         |------ Round 3: 2 battles ------|
   |  from round 1)                 v
   └--------------------------------┘

-------------
Update 11:18pm PT - Total guild points 26,000 → 867 per member x 30
If the troops were purely random and generated on the fly, I estimate
- Tier 0: ~887 - 981 pts (enough)

However, if this is the usual predetermined map reveals, then the LB will reveal where the dice fell. Crystal ball gazing at… Tier 0, with a slight chance of it being Tier 1. Will finalize in an hour.

-------------
Update 1:35am PT - The top LB entry has 56 battles and 873 points, and the next few entries match my Tier 0 graph, so I’m calling it. Good night folks!

-------------

16 Likes

5, 10, 14, 16, 22. The pinnacle of easy-to-follow numbers.

At this point I am honestly more likely to remember 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

4 Likes

I am more likely to remember 3,14,15,92,65 :crazy_face: :nerd_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

the score doesnt increase as the difficulty increase? ouch

1 Like

Can we just ditch the scoring of the week club and switch to something simple? I’ve warmed a lot to the world events. There have been a few screwy ones but for the most part, I’m ok with the playing part. But the scoring, though. :woman_facepalming:

Why, oh why? This particular scoring isn’t offensive. No. It’s the constant change that annoys me. Why? Well because it adds no fun, or even challenge. It’s just changing for the sake of changing.

Please, I beg you, make it stop. This isn’t a hate post. I love GoW. I do. But whomever thought that different rando scoring systems every week was fun or cool, has made the world events less fun and less cool. :expressionless:

19 Likes

11 Likes

Just looking at the initial troop list, this event looks so horribly unfun that I’m actually kind of impressed.

The medal gives a bonus to skull damage. The only choices I saw were Doomed Axe, Doomed Opus, and … Kobold?

Thankfully, I don’t buy very high on these events.

11 Likes

And foes have armored and stoneskin.

6 Likes

This medal choice / troop selection is about as much fun as open brain surgery with a wooden spoon.

Fortunately, only need tier 0-1 to finish the event given all participate, so… my guild will need tier 2-3 no thanks to the non-participating slackers that don’t bother who the GM doesn’t kick? ;p

Another BAD event, the Devs really have stopped caring about this game and the player base. Skull damage with reduced skull damage enemy troops, all I can say is WOW.

6 Likes

IMG_20210118_220012

:stuck_out_tongue:

36 Likes

i’m guessing the event needs tier 0 purchase for a guild with 30 active people and perfect battles (always choosing correct enemy and not lose a single valraven) ?

1 Like

In Adana, I can fight Tina, but not use her. What happened to the flexible, new, and creative world events?

I actually prefer not having mirror match battles – I’d say it’s one of the few positives of this one, even if troop options aren’t otherwise ideal.

2 Likes

Adding to this:
80.66 points per loop on average (85.33 if you manage to always avoid S.O.L.A.R. battles)
0 tiers = 62 battles = 10 loops (+2 battle) = 807+ points on average (853 if avoiding UR)
1 tier = 67 battles = 11 loops (+1 battle) = 887.27+ (939 if avoiding UR)

This is why I chose King Mikhail as my frontline troop for this event. Enrage really helps in skull focused events like this. Works so far but I have my doubts whether that’s enough at high enemy levels though.

Since this bug report was never addressed (despite all the ones around it being looked at)

Should I add this week’s medal to it or make a separate bug report to be ignored?

1 Like

Or are/is the idea of “troop roles” the real underline issue/failure that needs to be addressed?

1 Like

The dice that roll these crappy events are broken again. Can we get a reroll?

1 Like