Heads will roll...

Originally published at: Heads will roll… – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Umbraxis

Umbraxis will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Rare Troop: Executioner

The Executioner will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Blood-Drinker

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

6 Likes

We really need some consistency in the terminology.

I am presuming with “execute” it means insta-kill?

7 Likes

Yes, that is what it is.

Omg not another insta kill crap!!

Megavore is only 8% and yesterday he killed 3 of my troop in a row during cascades, this is ridiculous

4 Likes

Rickygervais

16m

Omg not another insta kill crap!!

Megavore is only 8% and yesterday he killed 3 of my troop in a row during cascades, this is ridiculous

Where are all the players complaining about Ubastet now???/

Most have nothing to complain about as Ubastet isn’t killing on the AIs 1st turn anymore.

1 Like

A thousand times this. Assassinate, execute, kill, lethal damage, and possibly others. How are they similar? How are they different? Do they get blocked by barrier? Does Gloom Leaf’s Thorns trigger? So many questions surrounding a single mechanic that ought to be simple.

9 Likes

Wow. What is with the constant release of low % insta kill troop? They only provide 100% frustration. Why? Whyyyyyy? Why do you devs think those troops are good for the game???

4 Likes

Awesome, looking cool.

Weapon is on the weak side though…

Really? I haven’t had any issues with this from troops… Assassin and Archer hero class? Different story.

Darkstone week? Cool cool! Can’t wait for a class for that Kingdom!

By frustration I mean: frustrating to use, because it never works.
So only the AI uses it. And so when it pops it’s just stupid frustrating.

2 Likes

Same here, zero issues, really.

1 Like

Best Raid weapon ever!

While Blood-Drinker won’t be much use in Raid itself, it can be very helpful in other modes, especially Delve. The term “half” is a great scaling mechanic, as using it on 200+ attack troop, you get to deal some small damage, but get 100+ attack and semi-stoneskin trait if it’s a top troop!! Xethanos also use the same “half” tactic.

In short, it’s a semi-Mang weapon, but with no survival issue!

Umbraxis’ art is quite unique. His spell is kinda like an upgraded version of to Parrot. Could be useful in PvP as well, but in Raid, using the exact color as Mang can be lethal, and I hope there aren’t any Alert troops…

As for Executioner, he is just a niche Rare troop designed to be top troop. We might see him for a while this week, but after that, he will join the rest of forgotten troops and hardly affect anything in long run. He could make Gorbil his pet there.

1 Like

Cool new… oh…wait…

Umbraxis… whatever… only really designed to hit the Raid Boss, who is always in last spot, but silences troops either side… that’s clever… and the usual useless third trait…

Executioner… yeah, what others said about terminology… and yet another low chance game-changing kill mechanic… not overpowered, but over-annoying… fails the Jainus-test: too inconsistent to be any use to the player, but annoying to play against on defences and can hand you a loss just for a bit of RNG rage… I really think these are bad for the game…

Executioner could have had a structured, deliberate insta-kill condition to build around (eg enemies have 8-10 status effects across their team) or could have been a human troop to synergise with other humans with a team effect or complementary transform… but nope…

Oh and a weapon… haven’t decided yet if that’s any good, other than somewhere to dump this huge pile of ingots that I don need… (joke)

8 Likes

I’d say he needs to find another job if he only executes 10% of the time…

16 Likes

The weapon name doesn’t fit imo. I would think blood drinker would steal health, not the attack

6 Likes

Its okay, we get some actual new content this week when the faction releases.

Oh crap that one is full of random too.

1 Like

2 or 3 new troops every week with the occasional mythic thrown in (although i dont have much luck getting them) i cant complain.

The artwork on the new raid troop is awesome :+1:

1 Like