Heads will roll...

Well, this weapon is likely inspired by Ocularen Leech, which also steal attack. So… this is not the first time.

I can see it as draining enemies’ blood make them weaker, and drink it make you full, so you’re getting stronger. Stealing both attack and life would be better though, if not too overpowered.

Also, I need my fix of Lorekeeper story… T^T. Hope it’s coming just a bit late today.

Edit: and it’s here just a few seconds after I type it. :rofl:

And… I get too excited without reading the post, and didn’t see that it does get delay. Oh well…

Anyway, here is my PvP defense this week, “The Bloody Assassination!”. Executioner is just there for his traits, to take advantage of Enrage and Deathmark. After that, prepare for the combined force that will make enemies’ skull match useless!

1 Like

OMG!! Just get to play Raid now, and looks like Storm Zuul’Goth is bringing his bird friends to continue the theme from last week. Even Stormsinger is here! Is this @Cyrup’s idea? :wink:

Although most of the birds is not that good at dealing damage, their tendency to messing with the board and stats could be very deadly in later levels. Parrot, which I joke about being a prototype of Umbraxis, is even here with its Alert trait. :sweat_smile:

Also, I completely forget that Faction troops get to be in Raid as well, so that give Darkstone its first skull-creator troop it really need!

2 Likes

Can we get a different dual color that isn’t repeated. I swear Arcane Beast has been repeated far too much. Last was Senita and the one before that was Vargouile. There are (I believe) 27 different Arcanes yet the same few keep repeating like last week with Arcane Plains again! Come on! Troop itself is very bland. Can’t say for sure about the raid one but doesn’t seem great and silence is useless against Parrot.

Out of interest… why would Darkstone get upset that we’re killing green things? (For this week’s Snots event)

Green isn’t a theme colour for Darkstone at all… are these events generated randomly? Or by some automated distribution? Will we be seeing ‘attack Whitehelm by killing purple troops’ soon?

2 Likes

In the Lorekeeper stories her age-related weakened sight was mentioned, maybe she is colourblind too. Or it’s a classic traffic lights gang war, red vs green.

2 Likes

@Jainus you are on to the design model via RNG I’ve been posting about. Although in this case x Kingdom, collecting y, in z activity doesn’t really matter much. Doing RNG style for Hero Classes and Weapon perks was a poor decision to say the least.

3 Likes

Yes it’s been my favourite complaint topic for some time too… but the devs need to achieve scale, automation, economy, etc… I understand it… I just don’t like it…

Devs’ resources are limited. I guess they’d rather give us good/bad/mixed content and keep the game growing, with updates every 2-3 months… than give us great, balanced, deliberately designed content, but less of it and less often…

Shame. I’d rather see a smaller amount of excellent stuff than a constant volume of okay stuff…

2 Likes

I’m not sure why Green is chosen, as Purple would fit better as it’s one of Darkstone’s color, and main color of Dimetraxia’s enemies, Daemon.

Hero: The Dragon was held fast by 4 chains.
Hero: Each one sealed with a magical glyph.
Dimetraxia: Your intentions were good. Sadly there is little you can do.
Hero: These glyphs…
Dimetraxia: The glyphs are magical. The Lords of Darkstone chained me here.

She meet Lords of Darkstone for ask him for the help with forgotten elixirs, to forget about event in Blight Land that turn her mate (Venbarak) and two younglings to Fell Dragon. Yet, Lords of Darkstone refused to help and prison her to try to turn her into Fell Dragon himself.

Lord of Darkstone is only mentioned in the story, but never be in battle. It’s very likely that he is the same one as the upcoming Mythic, The Possessed King, who actually use Green mana. So that might be the reason Dimetraxia is revenging Green troop.

Also, for “Will we be seeing ‘attack Whitehelm by killing purple troops’ soon?”, that can easily have a lore reason as stopping Undead Invasion, which also have Purple as their representing color.

I don’t know if weekly events are actually randomly generated, but with lore text, it’s better to assume it is intended. There are more problems that worth complaining than little things like this.

1 Like

I think this doesn’t work at all, thematically, but hey let’s leave it there…

Interesting. Part of me agrees. Devs have limited resources, so put them into fixing bigger issues. But I also feel: Devs shouldn’t just fix the big things, they should fix everything. And these would take little effort to get right, or at least get sensible the first time.

It’s about having pride, too. When I first played this game, everything was done with obvious care and thought. Now, there’s so much going on the care has to be replaced by automation and efficiency. That saddens me.

Three years ago an event system like this would get something new and different each week, with some accompanying narrative, and effort linking it to the kingdom questline. That can’t happen these days so much: the same devs’ effort could code the system to auto-create them. I guess someone looks now and then to make sure they are not complete nonsense. Probably… I’d likely do the same if I was running this business. But as a consumer, I don’t like it. It’s not bad. But it’s not amazing either.

2 Likes

“… on the floor.”

And, nine years ago, some rave just ended. :grin: