Surprise!

Originally published at: Surprise! – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Lasher The Lasher will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Sledge This week it will be available in both the Tower of Doom shop, and…

1 Like

Well, I guess if the buff turns out to be too overpowered the mana cost can be increased again from 11 to 11. :smirk:

13 Likes

So you dont look that insane when its ninja changed lol

chrome_xQpjyIc19V

1 Like

I’m investigating this for you now.

1 Like

All fixed!

4 Likes

“But these go to eleven.” - Nigel Tufnil

2 Likes

All 6 doomed weapons from this set are from broken spire?

2 Likes

How does Lasher target 6 troops? Lil confused on this. Did I miss something?

1 Like

6 random troops. It can hit the same target multiple times

4 Likes

Ooohhhh ok . :smile:
Get it now . Thank u

1 Like

Glad to hear lots of new players are picking up the game. It’s a good sign for the game’s continued longevity.

5 Likes

Dozen Lashes should be renamed to half dozen Lashes.

6 Likes

Maybe he uses 2 tentacles?

1 Like

Awww, I sort of expected an actual surprise :confused:

5 Likes

Thanks for the troop buffs! I hope we will see more of those in the near future.

1 Like

I seen the name of the thread and was like :open_mouth: 4.9 is dropping now?!

But no :frowning:

1 Like

While every buff helps, Spinnerette’s damage should be changed from magic/2 +7 to magic + 7 (or even reverted to magic + 5).

The +2 base damage does help when you first get the troop, but wouldn’t it feel depressing when you’re a low level with very limited souls and you finally level up Spinnerette to where it gains another magic point or two and its damage doesn’t go up? It leaves a better lasting impression when a troop’s power actually visually grows.

If you’re worried about power balance of magic vs magic/2, Atlanta, Venbarak, Terraxis (some examples) all have regular magic + x damage and are easily obtainable quickly by playing the game (quest line/ kingdom upgrades). Spinnerette becomes a disappointing purchase very quickly at that point and might become the first thing they remember about Gems of War.

2 Likes

Maybe False Lashes?

2 Likes

Making all the magic/2 troops straight +magic wouldn’t unbalance the game and would make some useless troops somewhat viable again. Flame cannon is only ultra-rare and is full +magic.