So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

I thought lyya posted hers But looking back I don’t see it… @Lyya are you avoiding the question??? Lol

1 Like

LOL I wasn’t sure about tagging them suddenly

1 Like

Oh yeah, might as well tag these two people too. Saluki who I’m unable to tag oddly enough and Zookeeper too. Odd :confused:

What happens when you try to tag them? You should be able to just type @ and the first couple letters and it should come up with a list of similar names.

eg
@Saluki @ZooKeeper

1 Like

Was eating a bag of Hersey Kisses, and came up with mine lol

2 Likes

Mine came from one of my all time favourite films obviously and at the time i wanted something different to my moniker from all other games which was Holywood (from Marilyn Manson) i just happened to be watching Spaceballs at the time so it was a toss up between Dark Helmet and Pizza the Hut went with the first one because it sounded more threatening HAHA

7 Likes

So Zoo Keeper was my handle on steam and DoTA. I didn’t know it would be my in-game name here when I started this game. It was like automatically picked. :confused:

Anyway about the Zoo Keeper name… I was inspired by the movie “We Bought a Zoo”. Like Benjamin Mee in that film, I used to be a journalist too. But no, I didn’t buy a zoo. I quit, then started my own business with my friend. One of most memorable quote from that film was “Sometime all you need is 20 second of courage” (sounds like current meta eh?). That quote has helped me make some decision in my life.

That’s probably it. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

20 seconds of Courage sure seems accurate

Mine is a reference to the show Black Books, at one point a character describes another as a “barely humanoid, milk-fed gimp.”

7 Likes

Mine first started as a self-made ruler for the Romance of 3 Kingdom strategy game series (since Ro3K III !)
Then I used it as my MT warrior in World of Warcraft.
Now it’s basically my digital handle in most games.

4 Likes

ZooKeeper is also the name of one of my favorites: a criminally-underrated, true classic arcade game!

That was a great game, I still have it on an old school floppy disk somewhere.

If you don’t know, you don’t need to.

Thank you for your overwhelming contribution to this thread, Mgla.

13 Likes

In the show Doctor Who in the 1980’s and 1990’s, and in several subsequent audio dramas, there was a villainess called the Rani. She was an extremely unethical mad scientist Time Lady. A long-time Doctor Who fan, I have been using her name as my Internet handle since the 90’s.

4 Likes

Mine’s not very interesting, I’m afraid. The first time I used the name dates back to a little known game called Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol (no relation to Tolkien’s works), where I also get my recently added avatar from. The name itself is rooted in the mythological metal, Mithril (some relation to Tolkien’s works). It was one of the many, many characters I used in this game, not really even one of the main ones at the time. When I first started needing a handle to sign up for online communities, it was the first thing that came to mind, and from there I just kept using it.

5 Likes

When I started Ultima Online, I was living in the Basque Country, where tx is pronounced “ch”, so since then I have run the same family of names thru UO, WoW, AION, and many other online games.

Bagga Txips, Kodan Txips, Egon Txips, Hammond Chips, Amand Txips, Cashinya, Uvadja, my mad axeman Txopan Txips, and my rogue Pomfreet. I had a tamer called Txipperfield (after the circus) and in UO I ran a roleplay restaurant in a region where I owned several houses, the region was called Txipping Sodbury.

( Bag o’ Chips, geddit?)

10 Likes

I can only express my feelings thusly:

MWAH! MAGNIFIQUE!!!11111one

1 Like

Mine sprung from the creative depths seemingly out of nowhere.

I’ve gone by precisely 3 names (with varying pronunciations) in the entirety of my time spent on the internet.

1. My first name was, well, my First Name, followed by a string of random numbers chosen for me by Runescape. I rolled with it for a good few years.
  • Once I got interested in a rather popularly known MMO known as Maple Story, I desired more than a single character, but I’d only ever gone by a single handle thus far. So I invented a new name to match my (then) love for the MMO.

• Finally, my name I’ve gone by for many years now originates from my sudden inspiration to create a new world. The world was ultimately very simple, animals with human-like intelligence and mannerisms. When I needed a name for the world, I racked my brain a bit and ‘Zelfore’ is what I decided on.

I’ve pretty much abandoned the idea for the world by now, but my name stuck with me and I’ve kept it close ever since. I use it as a reminder that my creativity is always trying to flourish into something of worth, even if the furthest most of my ideas get is a note on a piece of paper.

Who knows? Maybe I’ll come back to one of my ideas and give them life in the form of a book, a game, a series, or simply some fleshing-out and another step closer to perceptible value.

10 Likes

I live like a hermit.
I’m a ‘bit’ crazy.
When i finally broke down and joined the online community, disturbingly, there was another mad hermit lurking about…
31 was my preferred jersey number when i played hockey
:beer:

Edit: i’m usually madhermit31; just noticed i’m sans 31 on the forum, i guess i’m the only mad hermit here
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: lol

4 Likes