Show Off Your GoW Pet Names!

I’m curious how many people are naming pets after their guildmates. :smiley: Also, I’m curious if people have a naming strategy for them.

So far, I have two named after guildmates: Eika and Evolving Beast. (Plus, I have some already planned for pets that I don’t own yet. :P) I also have one named for my cat, Capone. All the rest are movie references.

9 Likes

The only real “theme” to mine is Pop Culture. I plan on naming all my pets after something from a show, movie, video game, etc that I think fits them (either as their pet type or specific looks)

For example, with the hat and dark fur, I thought of witches and the cat from Sabrina for Lucky. So, I named him Salem (the cat’s name in the series) Bakay (the last name of the actor who voiced him).

With the Snow Bunny, I wanted to go with a humanoid rabbit (think Bugs or Lola Bunny from Looney Tunes). I settled on King Kazma, which is a reference to the Anime movie, Summer Wars. That’s the name of one of the charscters avatars and he looks like a Rabbit.

3 Likes

I name them after Overwatch characters that somehow remind me them~~

Brigitte - she has ginger hair, just like Falabella, and looks innocent, just like Brigitte xD
McCree - because… of colours maybe? And we don’t have a Jackal, so fox-thing is a nice replacement
Ana Amari - because of her Owl skin. Also wanted the name to be only Ana but it forces name to have 4 characters lenght ;__;
Reaper - no comment needed. Just look at him!
Mercy - because of her Witch skin
Torbjorn - that one was hard to chose. But eventually I name magmapillar Torbjorn, because of Molten Core Torbjorn uses.
Reinhardt - because he fires fire from his hammer :v
Roadhog - just… look at him. It could be his long lost son!
Junkrat - I like snakes, but this one looks filthy and sly just like Junkrat xD And colours match to him too!
D.Va - because she rides a mech which is a bunny (kind of)

I will update this post when I get more pets ^^

Also pinging @Elarcadia because you were curcious how I will name the rest :smiley:

5 Likes

Love it so far!! Minfernus is spot on for Reinhardt, his face even reminds me of his helmet haha!

1 Like

Those are cool naming conventions. :smiley:

For Lucky, I considered naming him after “Blair”, a cat that transforms into a witch from the anime “Soul Eater”. But, I couldn’t resist naming him after my real life black cat. :sweat_smile:

Blair is the cat with the hat. :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

And the other one is Yoruichi :blush:

4 Likes

My Theme is forum personalities lol

Screenshot_10

and just for fun

Screenshot_9

and lunch

Screenshot_11

9 Likes

A mixture of RL pets, and fictional characters from literature, movies, anime, cartoons, videogames, and just “say what you see”

7 Likes

Everyone naming the tree pet after eika is just to funny

4 Likes

Just humor bro … just humor

But… why? What IS Eika? :smiley: (despite being a user here of course)

1 Like

Eika means The Oak on Norwegian. I was just kidding @DEMONorANGEL , I called mine Eiko. Whiskey jack copied it :wink:

3 Likes

I thought of Salem from Sabrina, but couldn’t think of Blair. Worse yet, I named the Bunny after an anime character. But, couldn’t think of another anime character

1 Like

Oooo… I love Archimedes as a name for the Griffling. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad. I forgot about “Yoruichi”, which is another one of my fav person to cat anime transformers. There is just too many pop culture/anime references to remember. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

One pet name im overly happy with! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

8 Likes

@XLS78

Yours gave me a good laugh, especially Keith, Leary and Charizard OMGBBQ. :rofl:

You were wrong for “ALF’s snack” though. :stuck_out_tongue: (Poor kitty!)