So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

I heard on the Internet you get $100% if you start a thread which gets 100+ comments.

Pay up.

1 Like

Is $100% one hundred percent of one hundred dollars?

4 Likes

Youā€™re just jacking up the final invoice Salty!!!1

Nah he means 100% of a $. So 1 dollar only.

4 Likes

Could be 00% of $1

8 Likes

Having had no prior involvement in this thread I am curious as to how my gamertag got used for this example? Not sure Ive made your acquaintance @Ozball, pleased to meet you :slight_smile:

Guess while I am here I should explain my name.

I went to the University of Southern Illinois and they are the Salukis. Saluki is actually my real life nickname. And as you can see below, a Saluki is a breed of dog. Egyptian hunting dogs to be precise, faster than greyhounds over longer distance.

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe we have, though Iā€™ve seen you in global chat a lot (Iā€™m under Slynthia in-game). Pleasure to meet you too!

I was mostly tagging you for @Beowulf 's benefit as they were curious about yours and ZooKeeperā€™s names, but was having issues tagging people in posts. Though Iā€™ll admit I was curious as well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My Husband wants to know if you were around when Trip Hawkins said everyone at 3D0 should be like the hedgehog instead of being a foxā€¦ (My husband was at 3D0 and watched that go down in flames because of Trip)

Thatā€™s two zeroes. Iā€™m assuming the more zeroes the better?

Although I was making games through the era of the 3DO (91-93), I was running my own independent team in conjunction with the fine folks at SSG at that time.

We got to watch the whole 3DO trainwreck from the sidelines. As an outsider, it looked like a disaster from quite early on (much like the aptly named Phantom console) but some of the business ideas behind the 3DO were quite sound, such as the lower royalty rates for publishers using that device. Trip can be a really brilliant guy more often than not - and we owe a LOT to his early visions of what the games industry could be - but the recurring issue with brilliant people in games & entertainment in general, is that when they fail, it tends to be pretty spectacular! :fireworks:

EDIT: Regarding HoMM thoughā€¦ I think Jon Van Caneghem and perhaps Phil Steinmeyer were looking after it back in those daysā€¦ both EXCELLENT designers who Iā€™ve had the good fortune to chat with a few times over the years, and both of whom have gone on to make lots of other really cool games!

6 Likes

Oh dear prepared to be sick. Lyndale is the melding of my husbandā€™s name and mine. Sorry hereā€™s the basin.

7 Likes

I actually think thatā€™s pretty sweet. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

^^ yep thatā€™s what I mean lol.

My names:
My Game name (Lysana):
This was a name Iā€™d figured out for the first time Iā€™d played D&D RPG game many moons back. I canā€™t remember if Iā€™d made her as a Wizard or Sorceress, but the character was Elven and I figured Lysana sounded like a nice Elven-esque magical name. :slight_smile:

My Steam Name (Lady Kendra):
This is a name I use more often in very specific and very adult circles. :smile:

8 Likes

back in the good old days when i played Quake 3 Arena in the ESL European ladder i had the nickname ā€œsnkā€.

(insert furios ā€œi remember this nameā€ screams here)

this was short for snake because we had a limited character space for names when you also wanted to show a clantag in frontā€¦

then - one day - the teenager snake decided that he has grown up and switched to the name MrSnakeā€¦ tadaaa here i am^^

4 Likes

Youā€™re right bro, thatā€™s so siiiiick :sunglasses:

Bro? Oops Iā€™m a inny not an outty. Lol

2 Likes

My real name is Duncan. Duncan spelled backwards is nacnud. My father used to call me nacnud as a nickname. When I started creating usernames online I found that nacnud was usually taken. So I separated it into two syllables and put ā€œtheā€ in the middle. ā€œnac the nudā€ Without spaces: nacthenud.

5 Likes

I like meat.

11 Likes

Love this thread! Ran out of likes. The rest of you will get yours tomorrow.

As for my tag/handle itā€™s nothing special.
EFH3 are my initials, yep Iā€™m really a third.
And my lucky number, 13.

Incidentally, 3/13 happens to be my bday so a bit of a two for one deal there. I have never had a problem using this handle in almost 20 years online. If you see an efh313 itā€™s gonna be me!

4 Likes