So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

the person you are talking about was right, the situation is currently out of control on console

6 Likes

You are being ridiculous. That ‘one player’ found and clearly documented a game-breaking bug. The fact that the devs over-corrected it is not his fault, and it will doubtless be re-balanced soon enough.

8 Likes

Everyones fun, well i don’t think is it fun to lose in one round. It was a bug in the code and so it is good is gone, because it was a realy bad bug, where you even could tell where the gem would combine when you use a gem creater.

In one or two weeks, when everyone would use gem creater teams, i think many people would cry how bad the game is. So it is really good that the bug is gone, and i don’t think that gem creater are ruined yet.

Even after the hotfix, i lost a game against 2x Giant Spider and 2x Kraken, because they looped me to death in 1 round. How would it be possible that Kraken fills up Giant Spider and gets a extra turn when it is so broken? And my friend had a Venoxia looping more then 5 times in a row. But most times i get orcs and i don’t see they can’t loop anymore. Not more so bad, sure, but they can do it and that is not rare.

I stay to the toughts that the whole gem create mechanic is bad and is really hard too make right, so maybe it should change to something others. Because it will consume too much work, when all troopst with them should useful, but not op. So i think it will never happen, that it will be right with them, only useless or op.

No one was crying about it, but there are people crying about the fix. Was it game changing, yes, but not game breaking.

Not all bugs are bad. the cops’ behavior in the first GTA was a bug, as was the Creeper in Minecraft. This bug had the potential to move dozens of troops from the recycle bin into viability, making hundreds of possible team compositions.

Why is everyone so adamant that a looping meta would be a bad thing? Looping is fun. Lots of gems changing color, lots of matches, lots of traits going off all at once, lots of new gems falling in to replace them.

After the fix, the AI can still loop, but I can’t, and that isn’t fun. The AI is having all the fun at my expense.

4 Likes

Come and play against Justice teams on console for a couple weeks, then see if you still want to ask the same question. Or imagine being on the other end of one of Mithran’s 41 turn loops.

It’s a problem when the game was taking what is described as random and deliberately placing matching gems into patterns that give undeserved extra turns.

If the fix was one-sided (that is, it prevents any extra turns for the player but allows it for the AI) then by all means, get that fixed as soon as possible. The game should ultimately be fair.

2 Likes

I have a justice team here thanks. And I don’t understand why the suicide squad can’t handle that team if gem spawns are favoring loops on consoles? seems like quick easy wins to me. maybe there is something i’m missing?

Sure if i’m getting turns on unprimed boards isn’t ideal. I was getting turns on primed boards though and now I’m not. So this ‘fix’ solved something that was only an issue to one guy and a handful of his lackeys, and broke something that was fun for a larger portion of the playerbase.

The justice league on console is a pain and it getting worst every day. if you are not lucky and get a crappy starting board you better pray justice won’t get full in 1 turn cause if he is, he can easely make 21 loop before you can play if you are lucky and still alive. Most of the time will result in lost cause everyone got over 150 attack and health and you only got 1 troop alive

When AI got so much attack ,
Justice will start to summon skulls and even of you got impervious it doesn’t matter really, 150 damage usually kill anyone one shot

so a quick retreat while its looping at 4x speed and try again.
not an issue.
EDIT: or rather only an issue with players wanting more than their fair share of wins

2 Likes

Yeah and next team is the same

Rinse repeat rinse repeat

so like i said, either quick easy wins, or quick losses. either way, quick battles. only issue is players not wanting to lose.

Guild wars. 3-5 matches a day against this team, every single day, where retreating is not an option.

Guild Wars or otherwise, my problem with the team isn’t that it is difficult to beat (it’s not). It is that the underlying mechanics are broken such that a single lucky drop for the AI can set-off an unreasonably long set of turns.

2 Likes

The only problem is you don’t see the problem

4 Likes

@Arturo you must see the problem now? I am not on console, but I can understand the frustration it must be for them to be up against it everyday in GW.

1 Like

Can I get a SS of the leader board with the win and losses then? If player win rates are under 50% that might be a problem. if they are still above 80% its a non issue.

1 Like

Aren’t you asking for more than your fair share of wins when you’re upset that that your easy button got taken away?

This I agree with you 100% on, and I think Mithran does too.

1 Like

No, I’m not asking for more than my fair share. I was only winning about 80% or so before the ‘fix.’ I understood that there was some risk involved with the random spawners. I accepted that risk, because when they did work it was much more fun than the handful of times the AI got the loop first.

1 Like

Well i am happy there is no real pvp cause i would’nt want to fight a 21 turn looping team :slight_smile:

1 Like

All I would ask is that random spawners be random. They clearly weren’t before the bug fix was applied, and it sounds like they aren’t now, either.

The issue with Justice on console is that the troop was balanced by the devs under one gem-spawning mechanic (with overwrites), with a 5 turn loop-breaker in place, and we got a version that spawns more gems (due to no overwirtes) and no loop breaker. It isn’t as serious as what Mithran showed on the PC Unity update, but it is also a broken mechanic. We’re just asking for it to be brought into balance, so other builds can be usable and we can get a little variety back in the meta.

2 Likes

I don’t want to go back and forth with you but your coming at this topic with absolutely zero experience of late game refined looping teams. Justice for example: as soon as it gets its Mana 95% of the games are over. You loose. Its almost every team in PvP now, especially in Guild Wars.

If you havent played Guild Wars before, the object is to win with all troops alive using a predefined color, it is not to retreat.

@Mithran did an enormous service to the PC crowd, and its not his fault the developers fumbled to gem spawning mini patch.

6 Likes

Yeah i agree at x4 it’s not has bad then x1 and you had to wait for your turn, but even if it’s faster, it doesn’t mean there is no problem

1 Like