Has the PC/mobile AI been tweaked or something?

Two times in the last hour, I’ve seen the AI bypass a match-4 of skulls in favor of matching 3 of one of it’s useable colors. I’ve never seen that in all the months I’ve been playing until today.

1 Like

Even though people keep telling me I’m crazy, I’ve seen this again and again, especially in recent weeks.

And it’s not just that particular change. I see other things but I don’t want to say them to get everybody spinning.

Something is happening though on the PC side.

1 Like

Was the opposing team Frozen? The AI will occasionally skip 4-matches when the corresponding color troop is Frozen.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s more that I’ve seen but the topic seems to be highly charged and obviously subjective. This is concrete and quantifiable - the AI is doing something I’ve never seen before.

1 Like

Nope. One time it happened on the first turn.

I’ll keep my eye on it. Haven’t seen that before, but things change constantly.

It’s more than that Lyya… I’ve seen it. I don’t know what’s going on, but something is new.

Yeah, there’s more than just this one thing. However, the example that I put up is one that is verifiably different as opposed to being subject to recall bias or whatever. I’m wanting to avoid the inevitable arguments that come with this topic, I’m more interested in seeing other people’s observations.

1 Like

No your not imagining things. Been happening on my account for weeks now.

Welcome to the console AI! The AI will frequently miss 4 gem matches, hold its spell on troops for no reason at all and get an insane amount of cascades that will charge a couple of its troops up.

3 Likes

I endorse what @Verdugo says about the console version. Haven’t seen anything like that, or anything odd, in the iOS version yet, will keep an eye out.

I’ve seen this when frozen, too.

I just watched a Gorgotha / Monolith / Kraken / Mab team who had both Monolith AND Kraken ready to cast take 3 greens and give me back the turn.

Yeah the AI doesn’t always cast spells on it’s turn; that’s been that way for a long time.

1 Like

Not like this it isn’t. The AI doesn’t hold devour spells. At least I’ve never seen it.

Haven’t seen it. I am seeing Sacrifice gems constanly appear in pagtterns that guve tge AI 3+ free turns.

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever seen it skip a cast is to match skulls. (until recently)

There’s definitely some random stuff going on. I know players have said they enjoy the randomness on console, maybe the devs are tweaking it on pc. I just wish they would tell us if they have. I haven’t had any problems with matches though. If I do it’s usually due to a lucky cascade at the start of the match for the enemy.

Maybe some stuff on console made it’s way to pc by accident. :smirk:

2 Likes

I have. There has always been an aspect of randomness to whether the AI will cast a spell or not, and I’ve seen it hold back on just about everything (buff, debuff, damage, create, convert, destroy, devour), even when it’s blatantly foolish to do so.

Skipping skulls or 4-matches, on the other hand, is something I’ve only ever seen when the AI is Frozen.

2 Likes

This is exactly my experience, too. :slight_smile:

This wouldn’t be the first time that something from console made it’s way to pc, and vice-versa.

Remember the extra gold from revenge battles? Both platforms.
Not to mention chat and other stuff I can’t remember right now…but you get the picture.

I’m not saying it’s 100% happening, i’m just saying it’s possible.