So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

They haven’t switched to gem creation not overwriting existing colored gems, but the rest of the console code is here. Including the AI making 1 move and then 5 to 10 others stumble in after it.

Thought it was just me, then saw the same thing happen when my wife was playing.

I’m not starting an argument about it, I’ve said my peace :slight_smile:
But how is everyone experiencing it?
Are you seeing/feeling the change, or missing it because the gems are flying at x4 speed :slight_smile:

For me, I lost 4 out of 5 GW fights because of it today… enemy AI filled up 2 of their cards in their first move, all due to cascades. Exactly like on PS4, so I’m used to it, just wasn’t expecting it…

EDIT:
I’m playing on WARLORD 2 difficulty, and since this might be difficulty related, please post your difficulty as well.
Dev’s have posted before, that on NORMAL, there is code active that prevents cascades from happening.
Which is why some of us might be seeing them, while others are not.

6 Likes

I’ve mainly been on my phone, and when I was on PC I was playing at top speed farming. Thanks for pointing this out, I’ll try to do some testing tonight and let you know what I notice.

1 Like

Three of my guys went 1/4 in gw yesterday.
Its brutal playing against mab and justice on console. I have a picture of turn 2 of the ai on ps4… Just a minute.

1 Like

This was turn 2
!!!
Look how much damage Mike’s taken. I like a tough game and it’s boring to win all the time but man, this is scary.

1 Like

Yes, the looping teams are out of control on PS4. But there is hope they will equalize that to how the PC version does it.

The cascades did make their way over to PC though, which is why I’m wondering how PC players are experiencing it. I think it’s still quiet around it, due to the increases speed, so you don’t notice it as much to some extent.

No change noted personally.

2 Likes

I have noticed more cascades from the AI since the update. Some of them have been brutal for sure. Overall this does makes things more of a challenge for sure but I wish I had confidence that the AI does not know what is coming or that the game does not cheat in the AI’s favor. I have no confidence that those are not happening.

2 Likes

Yes, that defeat screen soon pops up

2 Likes

300 trophies in, no changes noticed.

5 Likes

Havent noticed anything yet.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed anything different. Didn’t this use to happen before? I’ve lost matches plenty of times where the AI just got a super lucky streak. As in, my phone would start to turn the screen off before the AI’s turn was done xD

1 Like

Yes! I’m a PC player and I’ve only lost 2 games in like 2+ years. Today I’ve lost 2 extra because of those cascades! I’m glad I’m not the only one and sad that there are others. So yes, it’s beginning to look like an issue.

3 Likes

So you lost 4 fight in 2 years and it start to be an issue? Lol

6 Likes

He’s being facetious Ricky. I think.

1 Like

No change noted.

1 Like

Haven’t seen anything different, yet…

1 Like

with 4x speed, i couldn’t tell any difference. if there is extra special cascades, i’m sure i currently benefiting from it as well.

2 Likes

The difference is that you can SURGE a 4x gem match.
… But that’s same for both sides. Nothing “wrong” to see here, I’d say.

2 Likes

I knew you would like this :stuck_out_tongue: But to be clear: I didn’t had these cascades at first, but since the update I do. And it’s ridiculous how bad these cascades are working out for me. To a point that before the update I would play and win and win and win and win etc. The game was just normal to me without those cascades. But after the update it’s cascade after cascade after cascade resulting in a loss. And at that point you’re going to ask yourself what went wrong :slight_smile: So I know it sounds funny and maybe I’m even over reacting in you’re eyes to a point that I can’t complain or be serious. But if one would play as good as I do, a change like this (meaning: the cascades) is highly noticeable.

3 Likes

You also won’t be able to lure the AI with skull like you are use to, so prepare to loose more often :slight_smile:

1 Like