So, how can the current meta be topped?

That’s not what I’m talking about at all. Though I can see how I might have misrepresented my point. What I meant was that the addition or loss of those two points of magic do not change how it compares to other troops by very much. Khorvash loses two magic? His ability is still double Moloch’s when Moloch has the same bonuses or lack thereof. I am not saying that newer troops are not stronger. No, power creep is definitely a thing.

My point was and still is that his ability is double that of another troop of the same rarity and then some, with a body comparable to Gorgotha’s. I am not saying that everything should scale to Moloch, or that Moloch is even a good measuring stick. I know he’s under powered, but the fact that even an underpowered troop is less than half of something with the same mana cost and rarity is kind of insane. I made the comparison to Moloch simply because it was the easiest one to explain without overly complicated math. If you want to see how Khorvash stacks up against other troops, as said, there is a thread by @Velkyn (that I can now link here ) that explores relations with other troops. Specifically, Bat for damage has been written out so far, and I believe that he was working on Manticore next, then probably Famine.

Now this, I completely agree with.

In regards to this, stunning the second troop is rarely the problem when he casts. I like the idea in theory, but what causes a lot of frustration is the double mana drain. The concept is sound, though. So what if, instead, both the stun and the mana drain only applied to the first troop? That might bring him down to a healthier place on the power curve. I also think he could deal with losing a couple points of magic, or maybe increasing the ability cost, even if only to 15 so that he can’t be filled in two matches with only a plus one banner

Also, I apologize for any snappishness earlier. I was admittedly in a fairly sour mood, this discussion and several misunderstandings only worsened that, and I shouldn’t have taken it out on some random person I don’t know. I’m not going to make excuses, but please understand that I wasn’t exactly at my best, especially at the time that reply. Again, I am sorry.

Reading back through everything, I think that the main problem we’re running into is the difference between “Nerf things to keep them in line with the power curve” and “Buff things to make them more relevant in today’s meta and in comparison to newer troops.”

To which I ultimately respond

Moloch could be deserving of a rework. But at the same time, I think that Khorvash is still ahead of the present power curve of the game. I cannot demonstrate that directly without trying to create arbitrary values for stuns, full mana drains, and true damage individually and adding them up in a huge cross-examination of a bunch of troops. I was trying to keep it simple by comparing it to something with an ability that was easier to compare side by side without referencing other troops and writing a five page long essay to split and define different parts of different abilities in terms that would be more easily comparable to eachother. That is too much work for me.

Thankfully, @Velkyn seems to be enjoying himself while doing exactly that. So, I would like to once again point you in the direction of the other thread where he is doing that.

1 Like