Sand runner art

Has anyone else noticed that the Sand Runner troop looks identical to the Gendrome frome monster hunter?

I know this is not the first time that has happened.

Ive debated whether to mention this because i really like the art of the troop. And i like the monster in monster hunter. But if there is infringement on intellectual property it needs to be said.

The game graphics are created by an external studio. It might be, that they have worked on the other game too and have recycled the image. Has happened once or twice in the past. So far, I only remember one case, where a graphic has actually been stolen from an artist by a designer.
Would you mind posting a side-by-side image?

2 Likes

A pucture of Gendrome from monster hunter and sand runner.

Now the text does say not our dino… so maybe theres something im missing here.

1 Like

Possibly inspired (though it could go back to a common source as well), but far from close enough to call it a stolen (or reused) asset. Would have expected a closer similarity the way you described it.
Even under an ill-willed view, we’re not at, let’s say, Warcraft levels here.

2 Likes

Well i described it as identical and a possible infringement of IP.

I never said it was stolen or reused. However, it wouldn’t be far off to say i implied. Inspiration is one thing, but theres a fine line especially in the eyes of property owners. Im honestly surprised you see a difference other than the obvious alternate positioning.

Yes the colors are different in the image but this is a very close up image.

1 Like

far from close enough.

3 Likes

Google “Utahraptor”

1 Like

Utah raptor?

You have to be joking

Not joking, it really was named after where they discovered the fossil evidence.

1 Like