PvP Defence Selection Glitches

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam, Windows 7 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
On the Defenders tab, I clicked on the name of my Defence team (Fire Bombs), just under where it said “Your Troops”. Instead of getting a list of my teams, I got the blank display shown in the screenshot.
Clicking on any other tab then back to Defenders fixed the problem, correctly showing a list of my teams. However…
I then selected a team and edited it, but when I went to Test Defense Team, my old team came up and I was unable to change it.
Only after I beat my Fire Bombs did my defence team change to the new team, and the original glitch also went away.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
First time I’ve seen it, but I was able to duplicate the problem by exiting the PvP menu, coming back in and again clicking on my Fire Bomb team name (before the editing I describe above). Not sure if the defence team not changing is duplicatable or not – switching back to Fire Bombs worked fine.

Additional: The next time I went into PvP, I played up to Tier 1, then checked my Defence Team and it was back to Fire Bombs! Changed it to the other team – hopefully it will stick now. (I can’t recall if I restarted the game in the meantime, but I don’t think so.)

Hey @Starlite
This seems similar to the Guild Wars issue you had

Were you online over reset when this happened, or did you leave the game open over daily reset (7 am GMT)?

If you notice something like this please restart the game as a first option before reporting as sometimes there’s weird edge case problems that can be properly resolved. On that note, if it is still happening, please link your account and reinstall.

1 Like

Pretty sure I restarted after reset, but I can’t be certain. I’ll try to note that factor if I encounter future bugs.

1 Like

Okay, I am glad to hear it’s no longer an issue though! From what I can see, I am going to treat this bug similar to your other report, so if it happens again please follow the steps here and let us know.

Had a similar issue a couple of days ago.

Selected an old team, edited it (filled with Blue troops), clicked on Test Defence Team and it still showed the old one. Switched to another tab, went back to the Defence team and Test, and it showed the new team.

But later, when I went to check it, the old team was set for my PvP defence team with the original troops, rather than the new, Blue troops!

I had to edit the team again to fill it with Blue troops. That now seems to have stuck, correctly.

Ok, methinks this problem is the same as this issue. (workarounds in link).

Please let me know:

1. Your operating system and device (if on PC or mobile)
  2. For PC users, what screen resolution you have set for Gems of War.
    To check your screen resolution:
  3. Open Gems of War
  4. When the "preparing to launch " pop-up appears, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard
  5. In the GemsofWar Configuration menu, note down the screen resolution
  6. You can close this menu or select Play to continue
    * Note : If the following window does not appear, close Gems of War and re-open it. This time hold down Shift before the “Preparing to launch…” box appears.
1 Like

1920x1080

The first issue was probably the same, but the second I mentioned (sorry for putting them together) is different, and has occurred more than once (see my previous post here).

For this issue, first my defence team reverted to an earlier team I’d set (both times), then it reverted to the old troops in the new team!

Does this happen only when you have the blank teams as well, or does it occur seperately?