[Reported] Updated 2023.06.04 Missing artwork on android

Try reinstalling the game.
As I wrote in the opening post more artworks were missing after a clean install. Those troopes were fixed for me.

1 Like

Yes, the invisible pesant with his pitchfork is back.
Skelly cat missing artwork.

It worked -thanks for the tip :+1:

Skelly Cat is also with full artwork now - but it seems a little silly if we are to delete & reinstall the game every time a new troop is released.

Hello :slight_smile:

Can anyone else please confirm if Skelly Cat is now fixed?

It’s still broken for me. I did not reinstall the game since this one missing artwork didn’t bother me that much. Android, Samsung S23.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Solid white/black boxes instead of art

For those who are unwilling to update/troubleshoot.

Please note that if you are unwilling to update your game to the latest content then unfortunately that problem will persist on your current version until you either clear data/cache or uninstall and reinstall the game.

And unfortunately, the development team will not be able to help you further.

Yeah, well… Uninstall/reinstall (or deleting data from what I’ve read) worked from the get-go so doing it know doesn’t tell anyone much.

People know they won’t get their skelly cat fixed if they don’t re-download - but what they are asking/hoping for is a permanent fix for the general issue (also, bounty is over and no one is using the cat anymore anyway so fixing that is a low priority).

When the pitchfork issue first occurred, I did a clean install and had more graphics broken than I initially had. So that might be a part of why people are hesitant to do it for an unused troop.

2 Likes

You’re kidding, right?

Are you really saying that all players experiencing this problem should uninstall the game and re-install it?

And that for every new troop that has the same problem, that this should be repeated?

An alternative approach would be for the development team to work out why this only started happening a month or two ago and fix it to prevent it happening going forward. Then it may be reasonable to ask the players to uninstall and reinstall once.

7 Likes

Asking players to uninstall/reinstall is not reasonable. There should be a relatively simple fix here. It’s unacceptable the problem has dragged on this long.

4 Likes

The hero we need

7 Likes

I hit the Download all assets button, it have dowloaded 200MB, skelly cat still not fixed!

I dislike uninstalling/reinstalling or even clearing data/cache, because it occasionally results in new problems.
The last 2 times I reinstalled GoW, I lost notifications. I don’t know what I did last time to fix it and bring them back, but I’ve been stuck without notifications again ever since clearing data and cache for the Skelly Cat fix. Reinstalling the game didn’t help for restoring notifications.

It’s not an issue with my phone specifically, as I don’t have issues with notifications from any other apps. I’ve also disabled any battery optimization, background restriction, etc. without any success. I wish I had just stuck with the broken graphic.

We need this fixed, and we need more communication about the process. This boils down to some very, very simple leads to investigate the bug:

1. Downloading all assets via the button was getting stuck. (It didn’t this last time for me, but it didn’t get the missing assets either.) Why? This is a place to start looking.

2. Even with missing artwork, there are times when you hit the button to download all assets and it says no additional assets need to be downloaded. The logic for determining that is obviously wrong, so what’s being used to determine that and where is it going awry?

3. Why doesn’t hitting the button reassess if there are any assets missing, despite some internal counter possibly saying otherwise, and properly resetting the counter to what it should be? This should be easy.

I’m a developer myself. I get that resource loading issues are tricky. There are very clear avenues of investigation where potential fixes can still be implemented, and possible problems eliminated, even if the bug can’t be reproduced.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. I had to go into my app settings and give Gems of War permission to notify me again (along with making sure notifications were turned on in game). If this isnt your issue, sorry for butting in.

1 Like

No worries. I did find that out late in my troubleshooting process.

I’m not sure if that’s what fixed it the 1st time around, but this time I toggled it on immediately after reinstalling and I still haven’t received any notifications.

Alerts were already on in-game but maybe toggling them off and on will help.

I had some spare time and reinstalled the game.
Reinstall fixed skelly cat

My game is updated to the current version. All assets downloaded. No Skelly Cat artwork. I would prefer not to have to uninstall and redownload the game, and I would definitely prefer not to delete and redownload the 1.59GB of cache. That’s a lot of data.

If Skelly cat is still missing, please let me know these following details to pass onto the development team: (Screencaptures also work)

• Invite Code
  • Gems of War, Game Version (Can be viewed in the settings menu, or you can screencapture this)
  • Type of Device you’re using to play
  • What version you’re using for the system software (Device)
  • Available total RAM for your device
  • How much storage you have left on your device
  1. Invite Code: CAPTAINBUCKLES_448M
  2. Version number 6.9.5r46745
  3. Samsung Galaxy S22
  4. Android version 13
  5. 8 GB total RAM
  6. 119.7 GB of storage free