Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS 13.5.1, iPhone 7
Screenshot or image:
Can’t provide one
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was able to “feed” Spiderling individual pieces of pet food from the “Level Up” menu, rather than only from the “Hand Feed” menu like normal.
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I’ve never noticed this before.
Steps to make it happen again
- Go to pet menu for a (new?) pet that can be upgraded in max rarity. In my case, this was Spiderling.
- Sacrifice the troops needed to upgrade the pet. In my case, I used 5 troops to go from max level 5 to max level 10.
- Go to the “Level” menu, and select “Next Bonus Increase Level”. Possibly important: in my case, the max level was 10, but the next bonus increase level was only 5 (since Spiderling was a new pet).
- Once the level-up animation finishes, I was able to select individual pet foods from the list of colors. The XP bar filled up with each food item I selected. In my case, selecting 3 purple foods dropped my stash from 36 of them to just 33.
- From the “Level Up” menu, go to the “Hand Feed” menu. The used-up food items are sitting there, waiting to be confirmed with the “Feed Pet” button.
- Backing out of the “Hand Feed” menu closes whatever bug this is. I was not able to select food like in step 4, even though I was just able to before.