[Reported] Incorrect Pet Notification

Platform, device version and operating system:
iPadOS 16.5.1(c)

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Less than an hour ago, my iPad gave me a pet notification for Dawn Bird. However, when I entered the game, it was Guppy that my Guild had found.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I saw it happen yesterday with a different pair of pets, and I’ve seen it at least once before, a month or two ago. It probably started happening at the same time as your other troop-indexing bugs: when you introduced the second set of Guardians.

Steps to make it happen again
You tell me.

You’ve known there are indexing bugs in multiple parts of the game for years, yet you’ve seemingly done nothing to fix it. It makes you look utterly incompetent. Is that really what you want your players to think?

2 Likes

steps to make it happen again: Launch gnome-a-palooza. Go to pvp. Win a battle with two or more Pet Gnomes in it.
Sometimes this bug leads to a situation like this: two different pets for different guild members, at the same time.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

To investigate this issue further, @overthinker @Starlite

• Can I please have your invite codes?

• Platform/Device (Is this issue only happening for IOS?)

• For the two different pets for different guild members, do they only see 1 pet each? @overthinker

• What guild are the both of you part of?

Please note that at the moment it reads like two different potential issues that have the same result.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I won’t be able to provide you with more details, as this screenshot was taken by members of our guild family. I’m sorry.
All I can say is that they are part of Na Rasslabone Nibiru and use Steam version of the game.

1 Like

Agreed.

In my case, the notification on iPad did not match the in-game pet (on iPad or Steam).

1 Like

It’s actually one issue that has two different results.

The issue is that the game may get confused when pet rescues are triggered close enough together. Killing two pet gnomes in a single battle qualifies, two guild members killing a pet gnome almost simultaneously also works.

The two results are:
1.) Each guild member individually receives an out-of-game notification for one of the triggered pet rescues at random.
2.) Each guild member individually receives an in-game event for one of the triggered pet rescues at random. Overall rewards for all 8 battles may contain pets from any of the triggered pet rescues.

This has been around ever since pet rescues were introduced. Knowing a bit about how this works on a technical level and which corners have been cut, it’s very safe to assume this won’t ever get fixed, or even touched with a 10 foot pole.

6 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. It’s good to know more about what’s going on.

I thought it might be something newish, because I hadn’t seen it very often.

Maybe we should be sending our bug reports to you first! Crazy, right?

2 Likes