[Reported] Hydra Huge Trait

Platform, device version and operating system: Android moto z3, PDX29.84-51

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I purchased the Hydra’s “Huge” trait, which states “Gain 2 Life on 4 or 5 Gem matches.” I thought this would be great for the Hydra’s “Thousand Bites” spell, which states: “Deal XX scatter damage, boosted by my missing Life.” I had been getting great results by comboing Hydra with Faunessa, who has an effect to “Give X Life to all Allies, boosted by damage dealt.” When the Hydra is wounded, the bonus damage registers properly even if it gained more life through Faunessa’s ability. However, when the Hydra is wounded and then gains Life through the Huge trait, its damage bonus reduces as if it were Healed. I suspect that either the text of the Huge ability should read “Heal 2 Life on 4 or 5 Gem matches” or there is an error in the coding that is treating the gained life as healed life. If the Hydra heals with the Huge trait, I would not have purchased the trait! It’s more advantageous for the Hydra to gain life in other ways.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This is consistent behavior since I’ve unlocked Hydra’s “Huge” trait.

2 Likes

Sounds like a possible bug to me. I think you are correct in your assumption that gain life spells should raise both current and maximum life by same amount amount.

Pretty sure the trait (and others like it) only increase the current amount a troop has.

So, get 4 matches before taking damage, and your max will increase, yeah.

But — if you’ve taken damage already — then the trait only heals for 2 until the max is reached (at which point another 4 would be able to increase it)

Thanks for reporting this, it does sound like Huge is restoring/healing life, not increasing it so I’ve made a bug report.

2 Likes

Thank you, Kafka! I’ve been really enjoying this game and seeing this kind of attentiveness from developers is even more evidence that y’all are doing great work. <3

1 Like

Today I learned that loss of added health counts, rather than loss below the starting amount.
Thank you :slight_smile:
(It’s also item #52645 why this game needs a full manual or wiki or some other source that explains the detailed mechanics and rules)

1 Like