[Reported] Graphics Gone in Battles

Congrats, you got 2 cursed runes
 Oops

1 Like

Hello! :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone for providing your specifications on your devices.

There’s a couple points to unpack:

• Device Testing -
    We are testing on low end devices, and we also have a large “test wall” of said devices of different types of models. (low - high end)

• Fix Attempt -
    We have fix attempt in the 6.8 update version which is coming soon.

• Regarding the phone automatically readjusting from high to low graphics -
    This is intentional to prevent the game from crashing. If your phone is able to handle higher graphic settings, they will remain at said settings, and as your phone is unable to handle the higher graphic settings that you’ve chosen, it will remain at low.

• Note: This is our highest priority issue at the moment although we know it’s been ongoing. I can confirm the team have been working on it each week and raising its status during meetings. This is issue just hasn’t been straight forward to fix so it’s taking time.

Once again, we’re incredibly sorry that this is taking so long to fix.

And any additional information of this issue is greatly appreciated and will aid in resolving this issue as fast as possible.

11 Likes

Samsung galaxie 20 et franchement ca commence a m’énerver on ne voit mĂȘme pas le nom des troupes contre qui on s’affronte! Arrangez ça!

1 Like

My phone is Samsung S21+, it’s not low end device, but even when I use Medium graphic, it always switch back to Low. So this is really an issue. @Bramble

1 Like

Huawey y9, merci de faire vite car cela fait quasiment deux mois que ça dure. Et si vous donnez que 50 gemmes en dĂ©dommagement , je vire dĂ©finitivement ce jeu de m

2 Likes

Hello Bramble. The 6.8 update did NOT solve the problem

1 Like

Problem still exists, although it got reduced to hero and battlecrasher.

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

@MaximeAlexis24 @Dwuemka
Can you please give me your invite code and device?
Also what kind of battle did this issue occur for the both of you?

Any additional screencaptures would also be very helpful!

1 Like

@Bramble

DWUEMKA_L78X
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Android 12

I haven’t noticed the problem on another phone, which is older. I think all situations were when battlecrasher appeared; spell image on hero is working correctly, just the background is disappearing when mana is not filled.

A few more screenshots:

1 Like

MAXIMEALEXIS24_D6HM
Samsung A32
Android 13

As Dwuemka said it seems to only concern the hero. I will post more screenshots if it occurs on other troops today

1 Like

[Uploading: Screenshot_20230223_093431.jpg
]
Battlecrashers also indeed

1 Like

I cannot believe this HUGE issue is still not fixed after such a long time. Disappearing graphics, along with awful lag and game stuttering whenever the bug appears, make playing this game more painful than fun. Guess devs don’t care about it anymore, so maybe I should just stop playing. @Kafka @Bramble

3 Likes

I’ve continued to notice this only with the hero, and a lot less than usual, at least.

1 Like

Still happens to me. Using Huawei P30 Pro. Last few weeks all new troops or event artwork is nothing but a black screen.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Reported] Missing graphics

Still happening with hero troops mostly:

2 Likes

22nd of December, just came to check the date when it began. Looking at that awesome bounty troop makes me wonder if the challenge of reproducing the problem was just an excuse for something that is too hard to fix for this old(ish) game. The bounty troops graphic issue is a bit different, but if I’d have to bet, the roots are in the same ground as this thread

3 Likes

January 2021.

This is the earliest I recall this problem appearing. As time went on, it became more frequent until it became the norm.

The fact that hundreds of man-hours were spent ‘trying’ stuff is pretty ridiculous. Have someone sit down, understand the problem and fix it - endlessly poking at random things hoping to accidently discover a fix is a terrible idea and takes WILDLY longer than the time it takes to understand AND fix the problem. Seriously.

3 Likes

Agreed that would be a terrible idea, which is why we’ve been looking for the cause of the issue to try to understand it and implement a fix to the actual problem. In lieu of finding an issue in the project so far though that could cause this we’ve also been trying some things to attempt to speed things up as well.

3 Likes

I strongly believe you should start with this:

I know from our Discord that multiple guild family members are running into the graphics issue, it’s a recurring topic every week. Why are you not able to reproduce this? More precisely, why haven’t you managed to source a device where you can analyze and fix the issue in-house, instead of flailing at it blindly (and repeatedly missing) for at least half a year?

4 Likes