[Not a Bug] Troop image missing in events

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android 12

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expect to see the new troop for next week’s world event but instead I see an empty box

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Just saw now

Steps to make it happen again
Just open the events menu from the right side of the screen

1 Like

Ditto on iPad OS 16.2

@Jeto @Kafka
Image still missing even in the shop

Hey!

The reason the image isn’t appearing is because those diagonal lines mean the art is downloading.
On mobile, new art is downloaded only as you need it to save your mobile data.

If you’d like to download all of the art so you don’t have to wait for it to download, go to settings and to the graphics tab and press the ‘Download All Assets’ button.

Please note that as we release new content weekly you may need to do this every now and then if you want to avoid only downloading as you need the art.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

It didn’t work. I downloaded all assets but the image is still missing

Hey @gow

If what I suggested didn’t work, the likely case is that the something happened to the art asset and it experienced an when it was downloaded.

When this happens the way to it is to uninstall and reinstall Gems of War.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

Please implement integrity checks for downloaded assets, and re-download corrupted assets as needed - like normal applications and games do.
Reinstalling every time this happens (and it happens a lot to a lot of players) is extremely inefficient and extremely poor design.

6 Likes

This. Re-installing game every single time one image (out of thousands!!!) goes bad on download is not player-friendly. I think it was Kafka who said that you try to avoid re-building the images often, because it means a huge download. But how does it different from deleting the entire game and re-downloading everything? This doesn’t make any sense. Please work on a long-term fix for that.

2 Likes