[Reported} Game freezes when Sycorax is cast and the board is still busy combining gems

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android 11

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
What I did: Activated Sycorax to select the color which had to be doubled.
What happened: The selectable gems highlighed but cannot be selected. All status animations still work but the board is frozen.
Notice the left bottom corner where three gems are missing. Those gems combined themself after I activated Sycorax’ spell.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This happened in the Journey (so I lost a sigil unfortunately!). Maybe this can be triggered in any game since it seems to be a race condition. Happened first time for me.

Steps to make it happen again
Since this seems to be a rare occassion I list the circumstances here. I can’t reproduce it since I can’t arrange the gems on the board myself to trigger the bug.

• play in 4x speed (maybe this works in lower speeds)
  • trigger a chain reaction on the board (like combine 4 gems or a special gem which explodes etc.)
  • open Sycorax while the board is still busy
  • press “Cast Spell” as soon as it turns green

This way I managed to freeze the board. Seems like the “select gem” routine isn’t active as long as the board is still busy but the “Cast” button has already been activated. Or the “fill the gaps” routine isn’t fired while the “select gem” routine is active.

1 Like

There are two other reports already about this. Read the forums too, not just open a report!

I’m sorry :frowning:
Before posting I searched for “game freezes” and “freezing board” but didn’t find any existing thread.

Found it:

So Moderator, please delete my thread.

@komatose It is fine. @Kafka normally merge them when it is deemed similar. It is good that you reported it so devs knows a lot of people are affected.

1 Like