[Reported] 3XP for every PVP fight

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Expected about 100 XP but every fight I get 3XP or 6XP if killed more than 4 enemies.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happens on every fight in PVP mode in every region. It started on today reset.
Before reset it happened only if i fought with Victory Talisman. Now it’s every fight.

Steps to make it happen again
Play any fight in PVP Quick Battle.

2 Likes

Got more info: bug persisted during 5h buff Southwild → Oracle Tower “Gain 6 Magic at the start of battle”. When buff dropped XP started to be calculated correctly.

1 Like

I have the same

if the buff is level 4 or higher, combat xp is reduced

1 Like

That’s what we get for daring to ask for 3x Class Exp when pvping

1 Like

Platform, device version and operating system:
On Xbox One- I just got 2XP for winning in PVP, I was doing Quick Battle in Central Spire.
Screenshot or image:

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. ‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious! Example: I lose once in the Arena, I then exit to the world map, select broken Spire on the Map and enter Arena. broken spire’s quest lost instead.

same here, every battle in pvp, no matter where, gives me 3 or 6 account exp

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve let the team know about this strange issue!

Please note that your screencaptures have been added into the report as well.

1 Like

This seems to only happen when you activate a Monolith, because I was getting the normal xp before I activated a Monolith. This is on Xbox.

I have +2 XP anyway :slight_smile:

Can Devs backtrack all the battles we’ve done including the XP we got for them? Then we should receive individual messages with the missing XP sooner or later. Everything else would we a rip off.

I don’t want to be that guy, but there was this game called “Helldivers 2” which recently lost a majority of players after Devs messed up big time. Same seems to happen quite often. And that particular game probably won’t recover anymore despite being very popular not long ago.

And I feel GoW might die faster than HD2 soon …

@Bramble @Kafka

1 Like

The entire reward mechanism for their new update is completely broken; they’re just not going to worry about reimbursing xp right now. We might get 50 gems someday.

2 Likes

Platform, device version and operating system: PC/Android

Screenshot or image:

I was expecting this bug to be fixed.
This bug has not been fixed for a long time. I play GOW mostly in PVP with monoliths. Other modes are less interesting. My level is not increasing anymore :wink:

Activate monoliths daily in PVP mode and get +2 XP instead of +73

Just an update: We’re still investigating this. You can follow this help center article for updates:

Activating a Monolith doesn’t guarantee this bug will occur as we’ve been able to play battles with the bug and without the bug occuring with Monoliths active at different levels.

As always we’ll work on fixing the bug first before discussing compensation.

Before activating any Monoliths.

After activating all 5.

It only happens after activating all 5, I tried it after one and nothing.
This is on Xbox.

2 Likes

^^^ This is more accurate from my experience. Noticed that last night on PS5.

1 Like

Same on switch 3XP in all regions after using monolith

1 Like

I just batted PVP for over 20 mins. 4300 gold & 2 xp? They cast so many spawn spells. This sucks.

Platform, device version and operating system: android

Screenshot or image:

My level bar wad full. I expected it to increase. For a good 20-30 minutes of pvp fights the bar was full. Its not increasing level

This is the first time ive had this issue but now it happens every fight.

Fight a battle. Xp bar doesnt increase. Stays full

It’s increasing, just VERY slowly. There’s currently a bug where you may only get something like 2 hero XP for each PvP battle, depending on which boosters are active. If you would scroll to the left in your screenshot you would see it.

4 Likes

How do i actually see my level bar progress?