Reduce the number of clicks when doing Explore mode

Seconded. This being said, it is a lot faster to explore on PC. No memory leak and screens just open faster. I think the Unity switch should fix this

it has memory leak on pc as well, its just pc usually have more ram to work with so its not as fast noticeable

1 Like

I get this on my Laptop too. After 30 or so explores it starts getting choppy until i restart the game.

1 Like

As far as I know this happens on every platform. It has happened to me on iOS and Android.

1 Like

It’s been like this since I can remember for me too, PC/Mobile.

I’ve been reading this belief posted across all the threads that Unity is a miracle platform and will fix everything…

…AND, your right! There is no memory leak what so ever running Gems on Unity. This problem will disappear.

Just pointing out were Unity will absolutely will make a difference. (I play on both platforms)

2 Likes

I seem to get some slowdown on PS4 sometimes. It seems to be related to opening chests and not explore, though. I haven’t tracked my activity leading up to symptoms appearing closely enough to say anything definitive though.

i do know that trying to run explore on mobile is not very fun. It is much more noticable, and i only do explore on pc now. Only thing i can do on mobile is arena and pvp if i dont go too fast.

X1, I’ve never seen that, however the most chests I’ve opened in one go is like 30,000+. Normally I open perhaps 10k-25,000 when something is new is out.

Some weekends I have Gems running almost the entire time (even in the background while watching a Blu-ray/Netflix, or TV. Never notice any slow down (other than chat disconnecting)

I Just used 5,000 Keys for kicks (to get the new direct to chest only troops) and did a dozen explores, no slowdown… probably not enough chests though? Didn’t open more as I generally like keeping my stuff above 20k (Glory, Gems, Keys) plus I picked up the troops, So no reason to…

I have the most powerful iPad they currently make (Pro 12.9) and I still experience slowdowns after a lot of fast Explores. If the Explores take longer than a minute or so a match, it’s not as bad.

In addition, I have issues with opening chests. If you don’t wait for the summary list to load completely including the thumbnail graphics for all of the troops, the artwork for the troops simply disappears from the game until you restart.

The other day I was farming tor Traitstones and did 119 in a row on X1 (BB Team) with no slow down. I recall from the Seals ‘Battles Won’ collection.

What I see sometimes is that the victory page is very slow to move from step to step. It doesn’t seem to be a communication/server problem. I think I’ve seen it at the end of treasure hunts (but haven’t done much of that in a few weeks) and in explore, but never in PVP.

It might be a PS4 issue that doesn’t appear on Xbox. Or might be just me. If it is some kind of memory leak, it certainly isn’t on the same scale that is described by the PC?mobile players. I too have done some lengthy explore runs (not 119 in a row, but certainly 40 or 50) without any issues.

to me playing gow on mobile is no fun at all,
somehow the time it takes to load every screen is too high, compared to pc, even as i do have a good device and im using home wifi for both pc and mobile so that shouldnt happen (LG V10) - its like the game is trying to download every single graphic every time
that loading time difference takes all the fun away for me