Really hate the Doomskulls

Waiting for a goblin that turns all skulls to +5 skulls with an extra turn.

Infernus is already so broken,there is no way to make him stronger,i crafted it,and matches took 15-30 sec,with the rare lose,its stupid how it never got nerfed.(If they nerf it,i want my 4k diamonds back lul)

The storm + doomskulls during cascade make him refill Much faster

Couldn’t tell the difference, but i’ll take your word for it :wink:

The issue is Doom skulls become force multipliers, for any exploding mob. With Doom Skulls in play, any destroy or explode gem mobs gets the following text added.

Random chance to do +5 damage and explode another 3-7 gem for every gem/skull exploded.

With Doom Skulls my Draconian Monk has killed low level mobs and filled two mana bars. Meanwhile things like TDS, Gorgotha, Carnex, are sometimes killing a mob with skull damage alone.

On the one hand, they make exploders even spikier, which gives them an even better chance to set up a win condition on first cast. On the other hand, they give a slightly higher chance for a reversal after a “bad” exploder drop, since a doomskull can chain into an extra turn which chains into more stuff which chains into a spell cast which chains into the battle being over. They make it harder and less rewarding for precise, thought out play, but the game has been firmly on this road for a long long time now. Overall, I don’t think the effect you could get out of a turn needed to be even “spiker”, but it feels like a natural progression of what was already happening.

Those upcoming troops, though…

3 Likes

We seem to be in Spoilers territory… probably should keep that debate to the Spoilers thread…

…and yes I share your concerns…

In another thread someone posted a bug report, saying that doomskull explodes take precedence over a four-match.

1 Like

Doomskulls are a complete diisaster, whatever element of skill there was has finally been eradicated. Come guild wars the air in every guild will be turned blue and I can see people leaving in droves.

2 Likes

Yes I understand devs are looking into it. I sent in some screenshots…

You are right and i think it is a good thing. Remember Frozen when it was introduced?
It seemed like a nice addition, considering it was only found on two troops, and it seemed like it would be an effect that was only to be found on singletarget spells going forward. That’s why i fought for Frozen back then when there was a lot of critique coming in, and i remember you did too.
But little did i know then that idiocies like Queen Mab were in the pipeline making frozen one of the worst ideas and additions to this game that ever happened.
I think looking at Doomskulls in a vacuum as if they would only exist the way they do right now, doesn’t do any good, the new kingdom isn’t far, and Doomskulls look awefully problematic in connection with these new troops coming around, and any discussion about Doomskulls should have a perspective on that.

1 Like

Well so far they have ruined a good number of games for me. You know how the skull falls from the top at the worst possible time for you and the best for the enemy? Well now it’s probably a doom skull and so far I have yet to ever see one fall in my favour. Gee, such fun.

they are a fun addition, it really does not matter to me much though, I just brought out an older team that pretty much makes them non essential to my game, I am worried about them in guild wars though, it can make for a quick loss

A team of constructs like
Courage
Loyalty
Etc and you can massively flood the board wiyh doom skulls.

Oh thanks for the info, i didn’t think the Guardians would be able to spawn doomskulls like this.
Now after having tested this and having seen the result, i know for a fact that Bloodhammer is going to be dumb af.^^

Just pair one or two of said constructs with a devourer who suddenly becomes an atom bomb for melee, maybe throw in a 4th troop to do token magic damage like mab or titania.
I think a
doomclaw
Loyalty
Courage
Titania team would work quite well.
Double mana spawned that give stats and doomclaw hopefully eating often with properly colored spawns. Then on occasion titania doing a few pts of damage to all.

Yeah thanks, i just wanted to see what it is like when you actually make 10+ doomskull matches to get a feel for what the new kingdom troops will be like and well yeah that looks like i expected it to look^^