Real life Elwyns

As the header of the topic suggests, Are there any real life Elwyns/Musicians either in bands or solo performers who play Gems of War and feel the need to share abit of their music?

Please tell me i’m not the only one…

3 Likes

I’ll jump in!
I used to compose all of the soundtracks for our games from 1989 - 2004… I really miss writing/arranging music, but I found there were SO many talented composers out there better than me that it didn’t make sense to keep doing it myself.

Here’s a couple of tracks from one of my last soundtracks in 2002… they sound a bit dated by today’s production standards but have lots of happy memories for ME!

You have to share some of YOURS now @A1m5hot :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

So that WAS you busking on the streets of Melbourne!

2 Likes

Whatever it takes to get the budget for our games… I’m there!

9 Likes

Haha :stuck_out_tongue:
As soon as I got to the intro, was very reminiscent of Fremantle streets in the 90’s
Alas my talent pool is more like a shallow puddle.

I have some suggestions but um they are not kosher if you know what i mean. A man of your (idk) age might not want to do them. Bake sales, selling candy bars, giving messages, selling lemonade.

Sirrian gives messages every week!

2 Likes

I guess that was a typo and it meant massages… Which was a place I really didn’t want to go… Eughhhhh

I know :stuck_out_tongue:

I did not think of that. Hmm wonder how good it would be.

I guess it’s my turn now @Sirrian

2 years ago me and some of my buddies started a rock/metal band and we are currently working towards our first EP, which is most likely coming out this summer.

Below, those are 2 of our songs for now on Youtube.
I hope you enjoy them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s MY kind of music. I’ve been a bit of a metalhead for years!
Nice production quality. I particularly like Hollow.

Is that you singing?

I’m playing rythm guitar and backing vocals :smiley:
I’m so glad you liked them especially Hollow since it’s the first song we’ve written.
End of the world gets around my doom and american power metal influences :smiley:

I liked Hollow more than End of the World. The music suits me more. I can still hear the doom influence, but it’s not as dominant as the lead guitar hooks and wails. It’s a great opening riff, too.
I also liked the mix better on Hollow, with the drums driving from behind rather than being so far forward (as they were in End of The World).

I actually listened to Hollow all the way through, which is quite rare for me and random unknown songs on the internet.
I would even listen to it again.

1 Like

So, @Sirrian, I used to play Warlords II and I always liked the drums on that track.

I don’t typically like computer game sound tracks, so that was very significant for me, back in the day.
At least this one I could play it in the background while I played the game.

It also has that ‘epic’ feel that I get out of power metal, so maybe that was why I like it.

I have to admit I turned off the music on Battlecry most of the times and used my own playlists :worried:

Hollow was recorded proffesionaly in a studio with each instrument recorded separately while, End of the World is a live rehearse hence the sound is much more raw :smiley:
I’m really glad you enjoyed :wink:

1 Like

@Sirrian We recently recorded a live rehearsal of a new song called Ghost Town Station
You also have a chance to see who we are! (I’m the guy playing a black ESP Eclipse guitar)
Hope you enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

There’s only ONE WAY to handle real life Elwyns.

I play metal guitar and sing vocal fry