Pvp how it's possible

Yesterday on GlobalChat Channel 001 there was some discussion about playing Pvp and chatting on the channel at the same time. This guy managed to successfully set it up that he could play on his pc and chat on his tablet at the same time by having two instances of GoW linked to his account.

That caused me to have the thought that maybe players can use a pc, tablet and phone each with one instance of GoW loaded and as a team play as one person. Shades of the ‘Swine’ Giba group …

http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/swen-giba-is-recruiting-now/

On the other hand, as an ex chess player I have had great fun in the past playing many opponents at the same time. In the chess world it is acceptable. If a player is playing GoW against three opponents at the same time using a PC, Mobile and Tablet should this not also be acceptable? I don’t know.

Personally, I have no interest in aiming for the top spot in the PvP marathon ladder. I get so many reconnect requests in GoW that my motivation to do anything is severely affected by these too frequent frustrating events. I do wonder why some players have this problem and others don’t. In effect some people can play so many games while I and some other Guild-Mates cannot. Is the database connection time-out set too short that those with low bandwidth are being excluded.

Finally, if the top three on the ladder are there every week I do wonder about their mental health. Achieving a marathon is a laudable event and should, rightly, be recognised as such. Achieving number one EVERY week is to me not so healthy IMHO.

No criticism is intended at all. Just some thoughts that are intended to add to the discussion and hopefully, provoke an illuminating response from one or more of the highest achievers on the PvP ladder.

Interesting point: At the start of the new PvP Ladder today the results board shows me as being in position 950(ish) with 750 points(ish) already (update: Rank 1, position 2346 with 590 points) but no games played. Question: Do we all start with a set number of points? Like a handicap? Or, on the other hand, do higher players on the ladder last week get higher starting points this week. Or, is this a bug?

Sorry for the long post but this is very interesting.

Edit: corrected typos and updated data.

1 Like