Is this a fair Game? PvP Rankings beyond any realistic chance to reach

Hello community,

I decided to join the forum as I am experiencing increasing frustration with something that doesn’t seem to be resolved or even recognized.

Is account sharing allowed in this game? Can you use programs from third-party providers that allow you to play automatically?

If not, why is the game operator obviously not doing anything about it? Just if I look at the first player on the screen and only compare the battles won with 1 minute time per PvP match, I get 4.5 days of playing time. This is far from realistic for a single player.

Therefore, my serious question again is what is allowed in this context and what is not. Can we still talk about a fair game and PvP here?

The question becomes unnecessary if it is officially confirmed that you can share accounts or use tools. This is just a little food for thought because I’m no longer willing to accept everything I see.

Best regards
Azayr

3 Likes

Account sharing is kinda unavoidable. So yeah you really can’t compete with them. They might be using the same device at different times and so it can not even be detected.

I’m not saying anyone may be cheating or may not be. But why it is so unbelievable, that someone plays for 16 hours straight each day with just small breaks for food or toilet?

Just assuming someone might not have a job or may be handicapped in one way or another, but has fun in playing PvP. How is that considered cheating just because others don’t have the same lifestyle?

There’s also the other way round here. I know of someone with 3 Xbox consoles, that are running gems 24/7 each day. It’s with 3 different accounts, but the owner only leaves his consoles to go to bed, bath or beach occasionally or eat something. So he maximizes his play time and has three high level accounts at least that don’t need much effort to win regular events easily.

TLDR. Not everyone appearing as a cheater is really cheating. And not every cheater has been caught. But it’s bold to make such a statement that you can’t prove …

4 Likes

Well if he/she is playing 16 hours a day, 5 days straight.
Only leaving the controller for bathroom, sleep and toilet breaks.

Then I seriously think some military should sign the person up, cos the intestinal fortitude and the hands and wrists that feel no pain or discomfort after 80 hours of just moving fingers and hands being in one position.

This person would be the best most deadly sniper on the planet.

And I’m in awe.

1 Like

OK, I dont like to repeat anything, but apparently my initial post is being misunderstood. This screen is from Friday afternoon middle European time. At this point, over 6,500 battles have been completed. Assuming 1 minute per fight, which is quite realistic given the current loading times, I calculate a playing time of 6500 minutes, which corresponds to around 108 hours, which in turn corresponds to 4.5 days of pure playing time. Of course it may be possible to complete 4,5 days with a maximum of 10 hours of sleep…

If that’s really what happened, then I really feel sorry for this player. My two initial questions have also not been answered yet, so this topic could quickly be over. Maybe I’m just not ready to accept that someone only sleeps, eats and maybe runs errands for 1.5 hours a day and otherwise just plays GoW… If that’s not the case, the only thing left to assume is account sharing or tools play a role.

Of course I have no proof, but the suspicion is obvious. But if this isn’t an issue for everyone else here and is obviously completely normal, why should the game operator even begin to care about it…

1 Like

It should be brought to the teams attention, and they should look into it, but it is unlikely any action will be taken unless they ARE found to be cheating. If, for example, they are using a very fast team that wins in less than 20 seconds, AND have none of the annoying lag, then that score would be possible for someone who plays about 10-14 hours per day.

I know several people that live and breathe this or some other game. Some people do PvP, others explore until they have 40.000 trophies in a single week. That’s not uncommon.

This won’t lead anywhere though. Is this game fair? No. Has it several bugs or issues? Hell yeah. But is there a need to blame people for teaming up on one account (if we assume they do)? Definitely not.

But IF we did blame people for playing more than others or using an account with more than one person. THEN we have to realise that GUILD FAMILIES also are a way of CHEATING. Technically more than 30 people shouldn’t be a guild/team. So everything else than that is CHEATING and therefore should be punished. With other words, members of guild families should be banned and stripped of their achievements since not everyone is in a guild family as well … (Irony off)

2 Likes

From what I understand, third-party providers that allow you to play automatically is considered cheating and will get you banned from the game. I’m not sure on the first question, but I can’t imagine it’s a problem for people to share an account.

All of this being said, it is true that lifestyles vary. My life circumstances allow me to play the game more than others. That stated, I’m not a fan of wrist pain or even slight discomfort. I have other hobbies and don’t wish to spend all of my time on Gems of War. I’m simply saying that due to my life circumstances, I am available to play the game more often in comparison to someone with a 9-5 job and a family to support.

I can’t imagine breathing Gems of War is very satisfying, but who am I to judge? If you love this game just that much, keep playing as often as you want as regularly as you want.

2 Likes

Not sure how they do it but I can guarantee you I will never be up there with those stats.

3 Likes

There are obviously hacks the GoW team do not know about. Whatever though i could care less at this point.

When something is to good to be true , it usually is.

Lance Armstrong
Ben Johnson
Marion Jones
Barry bonds

Il leave it there, for the guys with blinkers on there eyes.

2 Likes

There is a person on Xbox that’s almost 3400. Not sure what the highest is on other platforms

1 Like

I’ve played this game 16+ hours a day before, and multiple days in a row just sitting in PvP for a bulk of it. Not everyone has the same lifestyle and commitments. I don’t need 8 hours sleep, I survive just fine on 4. I have early arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and raynaud’s, but my hands are fine most of the time. I wouldn’t make much of a killing machine, though.

Not saying anyone here is or isn’t cheating, but I am saying that anyone doing napkin maths and pointing fingers is going too far. that’s for the devs to decide, not someone sat at home using their imagination (not saying you were, TheTruth, but others definitely crossing a line).

PC has inherent problems that don’t hold back those who want to play unfairly to anything like the same extent the closed ecosystems of consoles can to a far better degree, but I’ve seen it myself - the more a company pushes back with anti-cheat the more determined a small minority will be to defeat it… that becomes the game itself, and the genuine players are the victims because they get screwed out of a fair experience while the devs waste resources on those intent on ruining it for everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks for your many thoughts on the topic. I would actually just be interested in the official opinion on this. I’m not so naive that I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that certain things can’t happen with right things. The screen itself is censored, but ultimately one look at the ranking is enough to see who is meant as an example. There may be people who can only play GoW for between 15 to 20 hours with incredible concentration, 7 days a week.

But given these numbers, it’s not unreasonable to assume that there’s more going on here than excessive gaming.

As I said, I have no proof, but I would be happy to receive an official answer to the 2 questions asked at the beginning. Then I know where I stand. If account sharing and tools are not allowed, then it would also be good to know whether the team is keeping an eye on this topic on a permanent basis.

I like this game a lot and I want it to be fair.

1 Like

How many fights is top of pc at the moment.

Xbox is 3196.

At this moment 7741 matches won.

It has been already said in the past - account sharing is okay; tools will land you a ban if caught.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hilarious twice as much as every Xbox player on the planet.

Serious question.

So I can play my account all day, then lend it to a family member in USA or Australia to play same account all there daytime.

If this is allowed, then that’s cool.
And the pc scores obviously are real.

I just want to know, if this is the games official stance on things.
People can share accounts.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, then its possible to reach this kind of match numbers in an allowed way. So it makes no sense to get emotional about it any further.

If this is officially confirmed again here, then close the topic. What I personally think about account sharing or not doesn’t matter.

The answer of the question from TheTruth is also interesting for me.

1 Like