PvP after latest patch

deleted my post. Don’t like what I said.

There was another post somewhere in the past where the devs stated that specifically when it came to gem creation effects, there was done tweaking to lessen the chances of 4 of a kinds, to help slow looping decks.

I and others of my guild have noticed that PvP is much busier in the last week, so someone must like it! (Or have mobile and PC got merged?)

As for the AI, it is (deliberately) terrible, so we humans are getting away with murder!

It would be easy to code it to be a much nastier opponent, without any cheating at all…

You keep saying that, but it isn’t true. There is no stat boost for the AI in PvP, unless you choose a higher difficulty (in which case, it’s your own problem)

2 Likes

They’ve been merged from the day 1 AFAIK.

They have. PC and IOS were there from the start, and Android was added half a year after that or so (somewhere in the first half of 2015 IIRC)…

They weren’t. The version that created lucky drops for Human was for testing only.

There appears to be some confusion. I believe the error is that I did not specify I’m playing the PC version. Which I’m learning this forum supports all the platforms running this game rolled into one category.

So perhaps you are playing a different platform which had the current PC changes already? Or perhaps you’re on a platform that doesn’t have the changes PC just went through.

Here is the section from the PC patch 1.0.9

• Difficulty– has moved to the World Map from Hero menu:
No longer affects PVP or Arena.
Both PVP and Arena will gradually increase the difficulty (slightly) as you progress, gradually turning off the AI Combo-breaker (as you approach 8 wins in the Arena, and as you approach Rank 1 in PvP). This means that games will start getting harder the better you are doing.
Difficulties will now unlock as you level up.

@ Dorgath

If that’s true, then I’m victim of misinformation. I didn’t mention anything about lucky drops until after it was presented into the topic. so if it is not apart of the game, then my apologies.

The difficulty is knowing who knows what on these forums.

Apparently there is a lot of misunderstanding from different users and different platforms about what is apart of the game or not. Makes it hard on me to know what to accept as genuine knowledge on a subject, to someone being confused or referencing a different version of the game.

I’m playing on PC. It seem you quoted something different than what you intended, but I did read the patch notes. It only says that combo breaker turns off gradually, nothing about stats scaling.

I also play PvP long enough and did not see any stats being any higher than they should have been normally. Did you?

EDIT: I now saw your edit to the top post, you probably misunderstood the patch notes.
Here’s what’s going on:

• Difficulty scaling up - but just up to High Difficulty, which did not include any stat gains to begin with, only Combo Breaker being off.
  • Difficulties unlocking as you level up - That may have been the confusing part. This part is about only being able to choose higher difficulties when your hero is past a certain level. It has nothing to do with PvP rank and automatic scaling.

There very well may be confusion on my part, which is not any way you want to have a conversation, with misinformation.

My quote debacle was error due to clicking the Quote bubble icon rather then the quotation marks…just failure to grasp the forums tools yet.

Back to point:
First off, could you source your information? You seem to have more details not listed in the patch notes.

If there is truth behind what your saying, then my whole perception of the recent difficulty spike is largely based on entering the level 100 mark where all my opponents have strong teams and most have nearly all cities bonuses making my difficulty to keep up much more taxing.

I can’t entirely buy that this is the case though. Something still feels…off, as the enemy stats really seem crazy high then what I was fighting before this patch hit.

I assumed you were playing the PC/mobile version since you posted in Gameplay Chat (PC/Mobile) forum as opposed to Gameplay Chat (Xbox/PS4) forum.

Since you mentioned lucky drops after saying you went back and read the Sirrian quote, I also assumed that’s where you got the term (and Sirran defines it in relation to their tests there). According to his definition, of course they occur during regular gameplay but as the quote says, not intentionally (“zero artificial bias [towards AI player, but I assume that also means human player]”). They just “happen” as part of the RNG in the code.

I’m not sure what you mean by “stats scaling” but depending on how the troops are leveled and what kingdoms are maxed, troops stats can vary wildly among levels.

It’s all right there in the patch notes, if you read them right:

[quote]
will gradually increase the difficulty (slightly) as you progress, gradually turning off the AI Combo-breaker
[/quote] Here it clearly states how exactly the difficulty will go up (by turning off the combo breaker, nothing about stats scaling). The word “slightly” is also a strong hint, stat scaling to the level you suggested could never be called “slightly”.

Note that the word “unlock” does not mean “activate”, they are just unlocking for you to enable if you choose. Also “level up” means your hero level, because PvP has ranks, rather than levels, and it should have been “rank up” instead.

All of this has also been explained and discussed multiple times in the forums, in great detail. I don’t feel like searching for these right now, maybe one of the forum’s search ninjas will be so kind to quote something relevant here.