Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Puzzle Quest Poll

Hello everyone! I recently finished streaming a basic first time run of Puzzle Quest. I will be doing more content on the Puzzle Quest games, but I want to see which option most of you would prefer watching. I will be reading all dialog for all 4 of the following options with time stamps to where each battle takes place.

• 100% Puzzle Quest 1 as a Let’s Play running around 30-80 videos long.
  • 100% Puzzle Quest 1 as multiple live streams.
  • Puzzle Quest 2 as a Let’s Play spanning multiple runs to get every achievement.
  • Puzzle Quest 2 as multiple live streams and multiple runs to get every achievement. Some gameplay will likely be done off stream on more repetitive parts.

0 voters

Add Galactrix! Unless you don’t have “all day”. Haha

2 Likes

Possibly some time in the future. I am sticking with 1 and 2 for now though.

Hi @Tacet, hope you’re well.

I haven’t voted, as I won’t be watching any of it… but I would suggest that PQ1 is infinitely better (both to play and watch) than PQ2… it’s more varied, interesting and story-driven… PQ2 is far more repetitive and grindy, and methinks will make far worse TV…

3 Likes

PQ1 also has a developed, somewhat-interesting storyline, while PQ2 amounts to, “Go there kill that.” Plus the PQ1 main character actually gets more than 12-character responses in dialogue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really?

Hmph…

Okay.

I see.

2 Likes

I just played through some of Puzzle Quest 2. I will have to do A LOT of cuts to make that work. xD

I still think it can work though. I would just have to cut out some irrelevant fights and some movement.

Just in case you thought PQ1 wasn’t long enough, did you know it has an expansion?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12500/discussions/0/864943954172103438/

Really though, the expansion is worth a look, at least for the new classes.
It’s a shame it never got officially released on PC.

PQ2 was pretty stale IMO. My wife and I easily sat and played through 2 characters on PQ1 together. PQ2 we couldn’t even finish once. Good luck with running through that game, lol.

I gotta admit, though, I really liked the different size boards they introduced with PQ2, along with things like “match blue to put out the fire!” PQ2 was def better in some ways, but as a whole not as good as PQ1.

I’ve passed both PQ 1 and 2 on pc once, and did it again on android with PQ 2 as soon as I saw it in store. Right now I’m thinking of downloading it again and giving it a third go because game is just awesome.

Exactly. I wanted to see if @Tacet could finish reading War and Peace during the loading screens, or if he would be able to finish the game before the book!

I loved Galactrix, but won’t replay it because of the load times. :cry:

1 Like

ohh, i forgot about that! since getting the xb1, and watching my husband play hours of Just Cause 3, load times are a bit of “meh” to me anymore. (i love the style of gem matching in that one, much more “stragety” as bugs bunny would say!

@penguinblender Thanks! I will definitely add it.

Out of curiosity, what platform did you play Galactrix on? I got it for my Nintendo 3DS, and had no issues at all with “load times”. Of course, I suppose streaming or making a video out of something you play on such a small screen could be JUST a bit difficult!

I think it was the 3DS, near the end game, you need to keep jumping through the warp gates to spawn enemies. It felt like a long time when you get 1-2 battles per jump.

I just checked out the App Store and have to admit, I was a bit disappointed that PQ1 was not available. Loved that game. Would totally play it again, guess I will have to make do with PQ2.

I can race @DonBoba to see who beats it first… winner takes over the Guild?? :wink:

1 Like

There’s no option to transfer leadership :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s okay. You can keep the “Title”. I am perfectly fine being the puppet master! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Based on the polling, it looks like I am doing a Let’s Play of Puzzle Quest 1 with the DLC. I will still be doing a Let’s Play of Puzzle Quest 2, but at a later time.

I’ll likely start it this weekend.

Quit guild. Promote efh to leader. Rejoin guild. Problem solved. You’re welcome @efh313 :grin:

1 Like