Puzzle Quest Poll

Eh, umm look an UFO right there behind you!
:runner: runs away

1 Like

I couldnā€™t help but laugh since these are arguments about why you both DIDNā€™T like PQ2, and yet GoW is ONLY a ā€œGo there kill that repetitive grindā€! :joy:

1 Like

Sounds great! So what class do you think youā€™ll perform your walk through with? I loved using the Wizard myself, although the Plague Lord expansion had Warlock and Bard which were extremely fun to play too. Itā€™s a testament to the playability of PQ1 that I had the bug-ridden iPhone version and I still played the heck out it! Was fortunate enough to grab the iPad PQ HD version when it was out for an extremely short time before it was pulled from the App Store, I will never delete it.

I am likely doing Puzzle Quest 1 with Bard using a pure yellow reflect build. I was just trying every single class to get a feel for them and Bard seams extremely broken.

Yeah, but GoW is a collection game, whereas PQ was supposedly a role playing gameā€¦

1 Like

@jainus I completely understand, still made me laugh! :wink:

Actually we did it in my guild. Old guild master needs to demote self, then replacement can be promoted. No need to leave the guild.

1 Like

(You didnā€™t hear it from me but I know how I could transfer leadership but @efh313 doesnā€™t know that :wink: )

1 Like

One thing I will mention I believe is that PQ1 multipler requires a lan connection to play, but PQ2 you can play friends over Steam.

I enjoy playing both though.

Almost all my pq versions were played on 360 which has backwards compatible for them now. Except for the 1st one that I also played on psp.

@evilbatwitch
Nice they release so many games now on Back Compatibility I canā€™t keep track. Microsoft must be signing papers left and right.

1 Like

Just a note for console players, PQ1 MP on Xbox was available over the internet. I looked a my old achievements and noted that I unlocked 'Warlord" Win an Xbox LIVE match. This almost 9 hears ago!

1 Like

They were released as BC a bit ago, (just noticed last week), but today is the 1 year anniversary of BC: games:)

The good news is that the legal mumbo jumbo contracts to allow x360 games in the X1 environment are also forward looking, so everything will be legally allowed on the Scorpio platform next year too!

I strongly believe PQ1 falls into my personal top 10 games of all time, MAYBE even top 5 games of all time.

The rest of the PQ games, while fun do NOT hold a candle to the original.

The ONLY reason I even got into GOW was because it was made by the people who made PQ1.

I donā€™t know about everyone else, but when I discovered there were 8 different MOUNTS in the game and I could ride around on a giant rat I got giddy.

4 Likes

I always considered GoW a PQ3.

4 Likes

Same here. PQ1 and 2 were fine in their day, PQ1 way better than 2 from game perspective. Build, level, collect, grow are all elements of RPG light to me.

Where PQ1 felt like an interesting RPG with simple but intriguing combat mechanic, there was a sense the player was very much in control of what they did and did not discover and how they navigated the game, you could definitely become powerful.

PQ2 added graphics in exchange for simplicity and repetition. It lost more than it gained, but still okay and entertaining.

PQ3 i.e. GoW started out as even more simplier of a game type, eliminated the RPG elements of map based explore of world, NPCs and shopsā€¦ itā€™s all about collecting them all, team building and resource gatheringā€¦ slowly, the game seems to be edging back toward more and more RPG elements. Iā€™m hopeful it continues on that path.

3 Likes

We need hero masteries abolished for a true RPG stat system. I love making pure builds in RPGS. That is one thing I really hated about the GoW masteries is that it favors balance to all masteries.

I still defied that though. I put 100% of all levels into purple making my hero have the highest purple surge chance in the entire game. xD

1 Like

Haha, I got the same way when I realized I can ride a Gryphon and Dragon.

1 Like

@Tacet the beauty of an RPG is each can play as they see fit, develop as they see fit, so your point is appreciated. You get that choice in mana masteries to the extent that they offer you a choice of the two, but it would surely be a more interesting system if they allowed you to dump your level up ā€˜pointā€™ into a mastery of choice across all colors vs just giving you an option of 2ā€¦ thatā€™s Major RPG light for sure and itā€™s a protect the ignorant kind of approachā€¦ If they allowed it, they would also need to incorporate a self correcting option, be it a trainer, NPC, Store whatever featureā€¦ they would also need a percentage of cap indicator - so you knew when you ā€˜maxedā€™ out your given mastery of choice, and could start investing elsewhereā€¦ unless they were truly going to allow you to max a given chance for surgeā€¦ which seems like they have backed away from. Lot of optionsā€¦ with time and money, they could do it all. :slight_smile: